legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Originally my 360 died at the end of April and I got it back on the 5th of May.
I haven't been using it much, and it hasn't been touched in about a week.
Turned the fucker on and 3 red lights, last time I atleast saw it crash beforehand.
This is completely out the blue, it hasn't faultered since I got it back.
Wouldn't you know the "tech support" closed a minute before I turned it on.

This is more of a vent/rant than anything else, I am sooo pissed off.
Thank god this didn't happen in a month, I am looking forward to Blue Dragon.

Can we turn
hate2.gif
into one with a 360, it would be more fitting?

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From what I've heard all those refurbished 360 Microsoft send you will fail rather easily in the near future after you receive them. Once you had the 3 red lights, it just goes on and on until you get a new one.

I wonder if the new added heatsink in the refurbished console will help...?

stop_loading

Trophies
XP
Country
how is this surprising? i thought it's common knowledge that all x360 WILL die unless it has x-clamp replacement surgery. hence microsoft extended the warranty to 3 years

blueraja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they are modded your stuck with the xclamp fix but that works fairly well. Unmodded ones that are sent in with new warranty are getting the new heatsync and so far they appear to fix the problem once and for all.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just rang them (15 minutes after the line opened), 19mins to get to speak to someone and another 4mins to sort it out.
They were more helpful than last time, I spoke to someone who actually knew what they were doing.
They gave me some warnings, such as if its out of warranty it will cost me if its not the 3 red light problem and if they discover tampering with the console they will return it to me unfixed and won't deal with me again.
Probably going to be picked up tomorrow, god knows when it will come back.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
They gave me some warnings, such as if its out of warranty it will cost me if its not the 3 red light problem and if they discover tampering with the console they will return it to me unfixed and won't deal with me again.

Sounds like half threat to me, I guess they're quite frustrated with people sending in flashed 360.

Well when I went to Nintendo warehouse for my NDSL repair, I've read warnings similar to the ones you were told on Nintendo A/S webpage, but the tech person was really friendly, asked me what's wrong, we figured that out then asked me when I bought it, then it was smooth~.

One of the reason Nintendo had good service is they didn't have much work to do, I went there and saw like 5 people just chilling, possibly playing MKDS multiplayer while boss is not watching? DS somewhat frequently has people get touch screen repaired, but does Wii break too?

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finally its back, gone for 4 weeks and dead for 5.
Came back with a one month gold code and a feedback sheet with pre-paid envelope.
It going through my testing ATM, it best not die again cause I'm picking up Blue Dragon this afternoon.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With the new repair their meant to be adding an extra heatsink. This helps, but I don't know how much. I have the intercooler which is very loud at the back of the 360, it stops mine from freezing. My drive is flashed, but luckly (Touch Wood) I haven't had the ROD problem. If my 360 wasn't flashed and the drive broke, I can't see it being much of a problem getting the 360 to ROD and send it in for that problem. In saying that though, it would probably come back with the faulty drive still in.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I'm one of the lucky few who hasn't had a problem with my 360 (except drive tray sticking) since launch. The PS3 is the first console I haven't bought on launch day and I'm still really happy that I didn't give in and spend a ton of cash on it simply because it has no games lol. I know PS3 owners will shout Lair! (5.0) Warhawk (6.5) Girl of War (Heavenly Sword, scores vary drastically) but this is simply not enough.
Sure when the price drops, or when a ton of real exclusives hit, I'll probably get one but for now, and the last year or more it's totally 360 > PS3 in terms of.. well everything really, especially games.

@capt.fruitcake, do you not have the original firmware to flash back? Also the warranty sticker? If so I see no reason why you can't get yourself 2 new 360's or have them repaired...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1