Hardware My 2DS XL Is Making This Weird Noise

SSG Vegeta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone so I go to turn on my 2DS XL the blue light comes on & then goes out & I'm hearing a strange poping sound can anyone please help me I'm willing to pay someone to fix my 2DS XL thank you in advance for helping me

SSG Vegeta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LCD/speaker ribbon cable is broken or loosen.
The only way to repair this is to open the console and either check if they are firmly connected or replace the screen.

Idk if it's that & besides that doesn't explain why the screen won't turn on. I have no experience with fixing anything electronic wise & I don't want to send it to Nintendo because I have cfw on my 2DS XL

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Idk if it's that & besides that doesn't explain why the screen won't turn on. I have no experience with fixing anything electronic wise & I don't want to send it to Nintendo because I have cfw on my 2DS XL
Popping sound means a ribbon cable is disconnected. You could try taking it to your local phone repair place if you don't want to send it to Nintendo

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

SSG Vegeta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Popping sound means a ribbon cable is disconnected. You could try taking it to your local phone repair place if you don't want to send it to Nintendo

I'd rather have someone on here do it I don't think a phone repair place has any knowledge of handhelds gaming wise

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A phone repair service has experience fixing small portable devices like this and fixing this or checking which cable is the problem is a very easy task for someone like them

SSG Vegeta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ik I should've mentioned this in the beginning but I focused on why 2DS XL wouldn't turn on. The top screen is cracked in the left side corner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could just ask hard modder on here to repair my 2DS XL
How's that working out for you so far?

You will be hard pressed finding a hard modder that does screen repair. Except for the o2DS, all 3DS models are a bitch to fix the top screens. The n2DSXL takes the cake in being the worst because the panel and LCD are glued together.

Since he is a member here but does not list n2DSXL repair service on his eBay page, @testerfan.

Reactions: IC_

SSG Vegeta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How's that working out for you so far?

You will be hard pressed finding a hard modder that does screen repair. Except for the o2DS, all 3DS models are a bitch to fix the top screens. The n2DSXL takes the cake in being the worst because the panel and LCD are glued together.

Since he is a member here but does not list n2DSXL repair service on his eBay page, @testerfan.

Ok I'll give him a shot

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'll give him a shot

depending on how bad the damaged screen is part of the circuits in it can be touching. the popping sound is usually a circuit overload

and when passing the ribbon cable through for the top screen the trick is to roll it.

if you attempt to take it apart disconnect the top screen and see if it will boot up if it does then you only caused damage to the lcd if it still has problems you could have damaged something on the board as well

good luck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse