Hacking My 2DS broke now I bought a new one on system 6.0.0-12U.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And after finish installing rxTools, download 9.2 firmware (Google [MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions)) -> extract firmware cia into updates folder on root of SD -> download sysupdater 0.4.1 https://github.com/profi200/sysUpdater/releases -> extract sysupdater cia on root of sd -> boot into rxTools devmode -> FBI (H&S app) -> install sysupdater cia -> still in Devmode -> Sysupdater -> Update firmware-> profit.

Read the linked thread. You don't need anything else to install rxTools onto your 2DS.
i don't want too be rude but sysupdater info like nearly all info and links requested here are in or linked by that guide that he was first linked . . . . i guess what i am trying to say is read the link it has a video guide and links to a overly noobproof guide with pics or nearly every step so you can pick your own pace

Last edited by wormdood,

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
You should do things slow and step by step: (I tell you the basics, you have to read-up on your own in the correct threads on this forum)

1. Install Gateway files to your SD and boot into Gateway menu and make a NAND backup, copy NAND (not move) to your computer, then boot back into gateway menu and make emunand
2. Read up on installing rxTools and do so
3. Once rxTools is setup, get your 9.2 sysnand cia's (see few post back on how to google them) put them on your SD in a folder (let's call it 92020U or whatever you like)
4. Install FBI CIA installer and/or sysupdater on your emunand and reboot into rxTools menu
5. In rxTools Menu choose Advanced and then DEVMODE
6. Once in DEVMODE start FBI , browse to your 92020U folder and choose to install all files to NAND
6 OR start sysupdater and follow onscreen instructions
7. Once done, reboot your 2DS into sysnand, it should be in 9.2.0-20U if you check out settings
8. Read-up on how to install MenuHax and all the other usefull stuff to boot rxTools from MenuHax

Take it slow and steady, don't rush stuff, better taking 2 or 3 days for setting up everything and reading-up, then rushing into it to have all doen in a few hours.

Alright final question. I'm now updating to 9.2 using this thread's instructions, and was wondering if I could get my games from my old 2ds sd card to this one. It has shovel knight, mario kart, Pokemon AS, and Ironfall(hax). Possible? I read about the emunand tool? Will this work? Thanks :yay: Shit..... I just remembered I deleted all those games before my 2ds broke... because I could redownload them from eshop.... any hope?

After Nintendo has transffered your NNID, IronFall will the new updated version you have to redownload, so you lose your IronFall Hax.

Last edited by DjoeN,
Reactions: wormdood

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait can they still do it though? I'm on 9.0.0.20 or whatever, and now when I hold left button I boot into rxtools.

Yes, if you have emunand installed you can just update it to 10.2 and you'll be able to play online, access eShop, download patches, etc... As if it's your legit system's firmware. (Make sure is emunand and not sysnand).

Then you can call Nintendo, explain that your old system broke and you want to link your old NNID to recover the games that you bought.

Don't mention anything about the hacks going on, they have no business with them.

Last edited by Tony_93,
Reactions: DjoeN

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright final question. I'm now updating to 9.2 using this thread's instructions, and was wondering if I could get my games from my old 2ds sd card to this one. It has shovel knight, mario kart, Pokemon AS, and Ironfall(hax). Possible? I read about the emunand tool? Will this work? Thanks :yay: Shit..... I just remembered I deleted all those games before my 2ds broke... because I could redownload them from eshop.... any hope?
you could always pirate the games in question . . . i mean lets be real here

lol now sound like a dirty bastard . . . but a correct dirty bastard

Reactions: BeefBaby

BeefBaby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Give Nintendo a call and tell them you broke your old console and would like to transfer your NNID to the new one. Depending on who you talk to they might transfer it for you. Then you would just have to log in on the new console after they transfer your NNID on the server side and you'd be able to redownload your purchases.
Okay will they tell me I have to update my consol? And will I have to use the eshop from the homebrew menu to redownload the games?

BeefBaby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just c

Call Nintendo and tell them you sold your old console, you will need its serial number though.
Wh
Install rxTools and update your emuNAND. No need for eShop spoofing.
Okay I have my serial for my old 2ds before I took it back I took a photo of the back of my 2ds :D. But where in rxtools can you update? Advanced settings?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wh

Okay I have my serial for my old 2ds before I took it back I took a photo of the back of my 2ds :D. But where in rxtools can you update? Advanced settings?
the guide gas that info as well
Emunand Information

If you have an update nag on sysnand, follow these short steps to delete the update from your system first, reducing any risk of updating sysnand to be EXTREMELY unlikely. Do not do step 4 obviously, click "no"!

To update your emunand, only do so through the System Settings app.
Do NOT update if it asks you if you're "ready to start system update" or whatever it says whenever you boot your 3ds, OR through the Eshop. It will update your sysnand instead.

How to properly update emunand: Boot into Emunand, and launch System Settings. Make sure it says RX-E or RX3D in front of the version number to be sure that you are in emunand, and go straight to Other Settings -> System update without exiting the System Settings app.

Some users report their sysnand still being updated following these steps. Unlinking your nands before attempting to update may avoid this. Please read this post before deciding to unlink nands: http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-the-emunand-save-data-mega-guide-gbatemp-doesnt-deserve.378491/ (Please, please, pleasseee read this!).

If you need Emunand tool (for backing up your emunand), then you can find it here.

How to unlink nands:
1. In sysnand, go to System Settings -> Other Settings -> Format System (Do not accept yet)
2. Eject your Sd card (don't worry, it is safe)
3. Accept to Format your 3DS/2DS (let it connect to the internet if it asks, it will not update your system)
4. After it reboots, go through the setup screen and set everything up
5. Once in the home menu, insert back your sd card and let it create some files on your sd card.
6. Your nands are now unlinked, and there are 2 ID folders in your Nintendo 3DS folder on your SD card (one for emunand, another for sysnand)

How it will look on your SD card:
jI44.png

The folder with the smallest size belongs to your sysnand, since you just formatted it. Grab the database zip again and put the title.db and import.db in YourSysnandFolder/RandomNumbersAndLettersFolder/dbs, just like you did in Step 1: Line 1 & 2! Don't forget to go to Data Management in Sysnand to let the 3DS "repair" your software management information!

------------------You are now ready to install CIAs! Read further to learn about RxTools' other features!------------------

BeefBaby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if there is rx-s then you are in sysnand
exit settings
load rxtools when the screen glitches hold "L"
then boot emunand can look at system settings again
Alright so do I update from the system settings/other settings/ system update? "Boot into Emunand, and launch System Settings. Make sure it says RX-E or RX3D in front of the version number to be sure that you are in emunand, and go straight to Other Settings -> System update without exiting the System Settings app." This won't remove my pastacfw and everything right and rxtools? all that good stuff. And will I be able to install cia's still?

Last edited by BeefBaby,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so do I update from the system settings/other settings/ system update? "Boot into Emunand, and launch System Settings. Make sure it says RX-E or RX3D in front of the version number to be sure that you are in emunand, and go straight to Other Settings -> System update without exiting the System Settings app." This won't remove my pastacfw and everything right and rxtools? all that good stuff.
i just had to add some emphasis

and nope it wont touch your cfw

BeefBaby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wont fuck up as long as it says RX-E in the settings and you don't leave settings until you finish the update
Okay I updated and it rebooted. I restarted again to get into emunand and in settings it says 10.2.0-28U. :D Success.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

However when I launch the eshop it still tells me to update? :/

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I updated and it rebooted. I restarted again to get into emunand and in settings it says 10.2.0-28U. :D Success.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

However when I launch the eshop it still tells me to update? :/
i imaging a rx-e or rx-ex at the end but otherwise good shit :yaynds:
edit wait . . what. . . never heard that one before? . . . hmm?:unsure:

Last edited by wormdood,

BeefBaby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I figured it out I wasn't in emunand for some reason. I got access to the eshop. Okay so now I call nintendo and say I broke or sold my 2ds? Then give them the old serial number and they will restore my purchases? Then I download them on emunand?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I figured it out I wasn't in emunand for some reason. I got access to the eshop. Okay so now I call nintendo and say I broke or sold my 2ds? Then give them the old serial number and they will restore my purchases? Then I download them on emunand?
Yes tell them you sold it and want to link your NNID to the new console.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should apply a theme to emunand so you know just from looking at your menu for a fact that its emunand

Last edited by wormdood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...