1. InuYasha

InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    The site has it's good and bad parts but most of them are good...

2. Foxchild

Foxchild Goomba Overlord

United States
    The Temp is my only forum. I admit I don't post a ton, but I've been around a while and I swing by every day to see what's going on. And, yeah, unless I'm looking for something specific, the "recent post" are the main thing I keep an eye on to see if something catches my interest.

SomeGamer likes this.
  3. Jack_Sparrow

Jack_Sparrow Ruthless Pirate
    Banned

United States
    I just joined a month ago and i'm very satisfied with the temp!

4. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Mexico
    Wait. Are you telling me there are other forums out there? Oh, boy. I joined when I was 9. I have lived a lie for 3 whole years.

No need for other forums, though. So everything's alright.

Deleted User and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  5. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Been hanging around for 12 years. I think I'm just the creepy old guy that won't leave at this point :tpi:

BORTZ, TotalInsanity4 and RodrigoDavy like this.
  6. RodrigoDavy

RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    Gbatemp is good because it has lots of active users. Also, many people with plenty of knowledge post here. Most users are not that technically inclined though, but they more than make up for it by their willingness to help.

Nowadays it seems more friendly, but I remember finding this site somewhat hostile some years ago. I remember stupid flame wars were very common, the one that comes to mind was the Playstation Vita vs Nintendo 3DS. Two famous active members would post in the User Submitted News some very biased news trying to make their own personal point about which system was better. I believe one of them was soulx the other one I don't remember, but he is or was from the gbatemp staff. There were also constant flame wars regarding Sony vs Nintendo. It was kind of hilarious in its own way, but looking back I think it might have turned lots of members away from the site because of how rude others members were during these discussions.

I kind of stuck with it though, and I have the impression the site got much better since those times and I hope I am right. It's a nice place to discuss many things, talk to people all around the world. My English got way better from the time I accessed this site daily.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  7. CIAwesome526

CIAwesome526 Im ugly and im proud

United States
    In my opinion:

HERE IS MY 2 CENTS!!!!
    [​IMG]

8. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Lies. That is either a perfect duplicate (and thus a forgery and is not in fact legal tender) or someone copied and pasted the same image twice, that or the multiple various imperfections just happen to match.

Back on topic. I guess there is a reason I stick around and continue to be tolerated. On the other hand I am not sure where I am going to find another computer games, hacking and electronics forum with similar or more activity and the option to have the occasional science, ethics/morality and such discussions.

Deleted-236924, nxwing and Olmectron like this.
  9. nxwing

nxwing TYPE-MOON Enthusiast

Philippines
    Not the first forum I've joined but the first forum I've felt at home and have visited almost every day.

I don't know what attracts me here, probably the fun at the EOF back then around April. Or maybe perhaps it is just the members here.

I'm guessing it's the latter.

ihaveamac and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  10. Blood Fetish

Blood Fetish Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

United States
    It's the best temporary dump for GBA ROMs.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  11. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    There's definitely plenty of reasons why GBAtemp is great. Little things like the shoutbox, status updates and blogs do add a fair bit to the site.

Of course though the biggest part is the community. For the most part, people understand the rules and abide by them, and likewise mods are there to enforce rules but not not hang over people and hand our fines for one toe over the line, most of the time. It's pretty rare for that to happen on the internet. You always hear about steam discussions being full of trolls and idiots, and gamefaqs/spot forums being full of nazi mods running rampant. So a site like this that is so harmonious it just naturally feels cozy.
    I used to mod for a pretty active videogame forum on a popular social media site before it got overtaken and eventually died a slow painful death, so it's very apparent to me that good modding can really make or break a forum. It's interesting how much good (or bad) modding affects a forum, but it's very transparent and people would almost never realize that is the case. That's probably moderation at its best though, when it's seamless and goes almost unnoticed.

So yeah that's my main reason for sticking around. Community. Hard as hell to find a good one.

12. CIAwesome526

CIAwesome526 Im ugly and im proud

United States
    you caught me. i cant limit my piracy to just computers.

TotalInsanity4 and SomeGamer like this.
  13. Megalegacy98

Megalegacy98 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    This is the second forum I have stuck with, but I like this place more than the first one. In fact, I like GBATemp so much that I'm starting becoming inactive on the first one...mainly because there is no one good to talk to about 3DS and Wii U modding and homebrew. :P

SomeGamer and TotalInsanity4 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - GBAtemp, cents, makes