My 2 cents on Star Wars Battlefront

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Snugglevixen, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Snugglevixen
    OP

Snugglevixen Fox Princess

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
    Congrats EA, this game has some of the best gameplay I've ever seen in a shooter. But sadly my praise stops at the gameplay (and the graphics are great too)

The Hoth level sucks and we know the full version won't have much more content to offer, so even if the other content is good it will get old real quick.

But, there will be a reason to play days on end while neglecting your life as it is yet another cancerous grind levels to be on the same playing field as other players and not be at an unfair disadvantage shooters.

In summary, I love the graphics, I love the gameplay, but I will not be buying it. There won't be enough content at launch and by the time there is sufficient content via DLC I will be at a major disadvantage to people who have already unlocked all the gear. In Halo 4 I was at a disadvantage to the dedicated players within days after I started playing at launch and I do not want a repeat of that.

2. Deboog

Deboog GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 22, 2013
    United States
    I... really like the Hoth level. Yeah sure, it get sold after 20 times in a row, but the full game will have other modes.
    Leveling up, yeah it's dumb. Never understood why people enjoy unlockables in competitive games. It doesn't take very long to unlock stuff though, so it's forgivable. At least it isn't like BF3 where planes are straight up useless without grinding enough kills to get flares.

Speaking of planes, I had more fun piloting A-wings than anything else. Solid A-wing bombing runs are basically essential to winning on Hoth. I dunno why they come in the form of power ups though. None of Dice's other games ever did that. I guess they knew everyone would want to fly the planes, and they didn't want it to be a scramble. Still imo it would be more fun to actually find planes in the hanger and jump in. ʸᵒᵘ ᵏᶰᵒʷ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᴮᵃᵗᵗᶫᵉᶠʳᵒᶰᵗ ²⋅

3. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Now, I know Battlefront 2 wasn't necessarily a grind to get to a higher level.. but its gameplay and offerings got old pretty quick, too. Let's be honest here.

4. Snugglevixen
    OP

Snugglevixen Fox Princess

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    My den
    I liked it back in the day but it hasn't aged well. I was disappointed with the space battles (still played them cos OMG space battles but they weren't what I was hoping they'd be) and expect the new game's dogfights to be an improvement as they're not getting our expectations too high. BF 1 and2 had tons of content though which helped prevent them getting old. I actually preferred the first one, the second felt incomplete.

And yea, along with 4 other maps + dogfights + those other modes that I don't expect myself to be fussed about, there's a lot more content than beta, but I dunno how long the dogfights will keep me entertained (unless they decide to roll them out partway through beta) and if I got bored over 1 map so quickly, I can get bored of the other 4 just as quickly and then put the game down before a day has even passed. Plus like I said, I'm really put off the reward system. I'll just wait till DLC arrives then consider it, for now I'll just use the money I was gonna spend on Splatoon or Mario Maker and Sonic Boom RoL