Hacking My 1st R4i 3DS can you guys help me enjoy this! (r4i upgrade help)

ziggySOAD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to update this card but it seems like i cant it, it says in the first screen (the screen you see when you boot up my r4) it says its updated to 1.70b but when i go to upgrade its on 1.43 and 3DS 3.0 and not only that but the upgrade button never appears. Is there any way you guys could help me with this? Ive been trying to fix this for three days now -_- i feel like you guys are the only ones that can help. heres pics
IMAG0070.jpg
IMAG0072.jpg

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you're getting the latest downloads from the site printed on your cart, and that it's the download for your specific cart model (make sure the sticker matches).

If so ans there's no update option, then you can't update it. Older models of flash carts lose update ability all the time.

ziggySOAD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did. I made sure of everything, my cart is suppose to work. I spent three days trying to get my cart to work I came here for a last resort so hopefully someone...somehow have a fix for what's happening to my R4 3DS.

ziggySOAD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know because I have asked plenty of people and they said it's something weird they've never seen before and according to r4i-sdhc came my cart is suppose to work. Here's pictures.

Attachments

• IMAG0076.jpg
    IMAG0076.jpg
    573.5 KB · Views: 260
  • IMAG0081.jpg
    IMAG0081.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 221

herbgb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had the same problem. I was able to get it working, but you will need to be able to connect to a wireless network with WEP.

The first thing you should do is make sure your Nintendo DS has the right settings for wireless. I used Mario Kart for this. There is a guide at http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/ConfigureWIFI.pdf

Once all your wireless settings are correct, restart your NDS and boot up your R4. Then click the "Wi-fi" button that moves across the screen. Wait for it to download the latest update then restart the DS when it asks. When your R4 boots up again, go to Configure > Update and the START button should be there. I was able to get my R4 supporting the latest 3DS 6.x this way.

Hope this helps

herbgb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also I forgot to mention, but you should use the current version of the kernel (V1.71b) it was updated today

ziggySOAD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the wifi kernal update worked but now im still stuck at 1.43 and 3.0 for the 3DS i still cannot upgrade -_-

ziggySOAD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also the icon that comes out for the cart is The Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian if thats of any help, and sorry for the triple post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Cool didn't know they ported cuphead on vita