Hacking MW3 requires system update (somewhat modded wii) safe or not?

jbge007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I bought Mw3 today from gamestop. I put the disc into my Wii console, and it tells me I need a Wii System Update. My Wii is modded. I have the homebrew channel. I *WAS* going to try to pirate games, but after realizing that is wrong, I dropped the idea. I had already downloaded USB loader gx and installed multiple cIOS'. But today I went out, purchased the game, and got the "Wii System Update" message in the disc channel. This problem was present when I would insert my Black Ops disc, even though I have 4.3u system menu. I thought that when I uninstalled all of the cIOS' the problem would be fixed, but alas, it was not. I realize I could run the game through Gecko OS in the homebrew channel, but I would like to simply use the disc channel instead. I would just like to know if it is safe to do the wii system update or not. Again, I have removed all cIOS' that I installed. I still have HBC installed though. I was just going to go ahead and try it out to see, but the message that comes up after i choose to update scared me, as was it's intention haha. I appreciate all replies! :D

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO! DO NOT UPDATE EVER!! Just install Priiloader or StartPatch and enable the "Disable Disc Updates" hack as well as any other Update hacks as well!! lol

jbge007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure it's not possible to just update through the disc menu? Don't mean to offend by questioning you, but I thought that since I removed all of the cIOS' it would be fine.

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it is possible 2 update through the Disc Menu, but if u do that then all ur hacks will b wiped out and u'll have 2 rehack everything again!! lol

Priiloader just stops the Updates from poping up that have been embeded it2 the game disc!!

jbge007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really care if I lose my hacks though. All I have is Gecko OS, and I don't really care about that, as I don't play Wii very often, nor do I want to cheat in games anymore. I just want to know if there is ANY chance that updating through disc menu will brick my wii.

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O ok!! It shouldn't cause I've updated my Wii when it was hacked numerous times and it hasn't bricked!! All the Update does is remove any/all hacks done 2 the Wii and that's it so u should b fine if u do update!! lol

jbge007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated. For anyone who might be reading this having the same question, it worked just fine. Game works good. Also, my homebrew channel is still installed! It didn't remove it surprisingly. Thanks dn_angel000 for your replies!

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This forum seems to run on a french server, and the french law forbids pirating.
This means that discussing pirating or posting links to pirated games is forbidden on this Forum.
Nintendo could simply start a lawsuit and ask to remove the forum. If they wanted.
If it contains a lot of pirating related discussions and links, they will win the lawsuit with ease.

Besides that, pirating games is taking income away from the game developpers.
Due to having less income, they wan't be able anymore to produce quality games.

I am not talking about Ninty here which likely makes enough money, but a lot of smaller gaming companies go bankrupt simply
because their games are copiied instead of being bought.

So pirating is stealing and it's wrong.

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not every game downloaded is equal to a lost sale.

Some people download games to try them out before buying them, some wouldn't have bought it if they could anyway.

Note that I do not say it is right to do so, but the logic of 1 download = 1 lost sale is wrong.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
My point was mostly to describe why it's not discussed on this Forum. Usually after doing that, someone tells you that Nintendo is a multi mega company who will not see the difference on their year balance if you download a game. Another option is someone telling you it's wrong as well.. for the reasons I added second.
I was trying to warn a first time poster to be carefull about his statements. I am a moderator on another forum and have seen numerous times that people don't understand why they get banned if they start to discuss pirating.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so it went from "Is it ok if I update my Wii from disc on my soft-modded wii" to "Piracy is bad" to "Pirating=/=theft" to "I Downloaded Minecraft before I bought it" and back to "Piracy is bad"

s28775_4chan%20thread%20direction.gif

This thread should be locked, the OP's question was answered, and his/her problem was resolved.

BTW, discussion of piracy is perfectly allowed on this forum.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Lol, I believe the original topic question was solved.
So, I see no harm in diverting a little. It's not like we hijacked this threat in the middle of something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.