Hacking Mutiple GBA M3 Real questions

Chaorain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is the wrong place to post I apologize in advance, please point me to the right place, I think this is right because because I don't have a GBA/SP any more. Also if these questions were answered else where I can't find them so please post a link. I have an M3 Real and I'm looking at buying the EZ 3-in-1. My first question is what tools will make each part of the 3-in-1 work? I would prefer that each tool could work from the DS without a computer. Second, what is the best way to rip the saves/roms off my GBA carts? Third, does the 3-in-1 work for GBA linkage? Fourth, I use the latest M3 Sakura triple loader, I know GBA stuff works with the M3 Real loader but dies it work with Sakura and/or iTouchDS? Thanks for any help in advance.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you need GBA exploader to use the standard functions for the 3 in 1(GBA game playing, rumble, ram)
you should check rudolph's backup tool kit for a tool to backup GBA saves.

DS-GBA linking works fine, tough pokemon games can give problems because the savetype for those games is altered.
for DS-GBA linking you need to load a game to the NOR memory of the 3 in 1 using GBA exploader.

the m3(both firmwares) built-in GBA loading software only works when you set the 3 in 1 to ram-mode first, and even then it might not fully function.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
This is the right place!!
wink.gif

If you already have M3 Real it would be the best to get M3 GBA expansion cart! With it, you can have extra features like GBA cheats and RTS, using any other slot 2 carts you loose those features..

I'm not sure if there is any NDS homebrew for getting GBA saves from official carts..I know there is homebrew for NDS saves..

I believe there is GBA-NDS connectivity with EZ 3-in1, but I'm not 100% sure....I know there is GBA-NDS connectivity for official M3 expansion..
tongue.gif

Yes, Sakura supports loading GBA games natively from firmware!!

EDIT: thedicemaster beat me to it, but you get the picture..

Chaorain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both. That is very helpful. One more question though, can the M3 GBA expansion be used for web browsing?

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes it can, it is one of the carts main purposes..But you have to patch Opera Browser ROM first.....

Be aware that browsing trough the web with NDS is really slow, and laggy...It OK for the text oriented sites, but anything with more pictures will take a while to load..

Chaorain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perfect. I just switched from EZ 3-in-1 to the M3 GBA expansion. For GBA cheats and RTS is there a manual for using that with Sakura? Or how do you do it?

Chaorain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By same I meant you slide the GBA file right to play and left to get the option mode including cheats. Is that right?

Chaorain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet I never thought it could be that easy. I've heard of GBA boarders (replacing the black boarder around the GBA screen with a picture)how does that work? Thanks again.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It was actually a R4 and M3 Simply thing....I haven't seen that on any other cart.....
It was a picture placed in the same folder as skin, and when you booted GBA game from slot 1, it had that frame around, it looked cool, but I don't think that M3 Real has it, or any other cart at this point..

Chaorain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's cool about GBA exploader. I have two fash cards (CARDS not CARTS, i.e. the SD memory). If I load a GBA game that is on card1 can I then turn off the DS and load up card2 and use the DS-GBA liink feature? Just incase I was not clear the GBA is on card1 and the NDS is on card2.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
depends.
it wont work with slot-2 devices that use temporary memory like m3real expansion and ewin.
but it does work if you put it in the more permanent nor memory of a 3 in 1 expansion.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the gba linkage feature is done within the m3real OS (assuming you have a m3 real)
you just browser gba games then press Y instead of A and it will load up the rom however you will still remain in the m3real loader

then you can just boot your DS game like you normally would and you have gba-nds linkage now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1