mute vocals in rockband/guitar hero?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by stingray1059, Oct 12, 2009.

Oct 12, 2009
  1. stingray1059
    OP

Member stingray1059 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    is there a way to remove or mute vocals in rockband: beatles. there is an option to lower the sound voice but i want to totally remove the vocal part so that it is just me singing.

thats the essence of karaoke right?

also disney sing it games has no option to remove vocals too.
    in karaoke revolution you can remove/mute vocals but in other games like sing it, rockband and guitar hero theres no such option.

hoping theres is a patch.

2. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    For both Rock Band 1+2 and Guitar Hero, the controls are:
    B + left/right = adjust mic volume (how loud your voice is played through speakers)
    (1) + left/right = adjust vocal track volume (how loud the song's vocalist is played)
    (2) + left/right = adjust mic sensitivity (how loud/quiet you must be for the mic to pick it up)

These controls are the same in Beatles, except that you CANNOT adjust the vocal track volume. This is due to contracting issues - you're not allowed to change the sound of a Beatles song (same reason for the whammy not bending notes).

3. boblybob

Newcomer boblybob Newbie

United States
    By chance, anyone found a way to crack the encryption on either the .biks or .moggs? PM if you can, I wanna talk.

4. Szalkow

United States
    You bump a completely unrelated, three-month-old topic for this?? What is wrong with you??

The only people who know might seriously how to do what you're attempting are AerialX and tueidj, the devs on the RawkSD project. However, I seriously doubt they would want to help you with it unless it's for a very good reason (and I suspect you just want to rip the audio). Go bug them on #RawkSD on EFnet, but no guarantees.

Mods: please lock this topic as the original question has been answered.

5. blackacidevil

Member blackacidevil GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Dont want to get bashed on replying to something that apprently seemed to be solved. But your explanation, with B left and right and the 1 and 2 button for Guitar Hero 3, 4, 5 and Smash hits, does not work. Does anyone know how to completely MUTE the vocals for Guitar Hero without having to make custom MP3's.

I think the orginal guy did ask the question, but did not get a valid response as I've sent him mail.

So the question again is,

How do you remove vocals from Guitar Hero,

Example, Im playing freebird, and I dont want to hear the guy sing, and just want the Guitar Sound.

6. blackacidevil

Member blackacidevil GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    BUMP BUMP

Does anyone have an answer for this ?

If not get the moderator to remove this thread completely as its tagged in google, and is the first link. Neither of those methods stated above work, and they dont work in the sense that trying this method on a hundred systems, still the same result , a big fat no doesnt work.

Best this gets removed so people dont do the above and think it could work. This thread would be more approriate for April 1st.

7. Szalkow

United States
    You've got to be kidding me. Two three-month bumps in one topic. Good God.

Anyway, the Wiimote controls I stated are for playing on vocals.

If you want to absolutely mute the vocals track, I believe the Guitar Hero series has audio settings in the main options that let you adjust the volume of each track (confirmed on GHWT, assuming it's the same for the others). Other than that, there's no way of muting tracks you're not playing.

Now let this topic die.