Gaming Must play Vita titles before retiring it?

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So far I've played and loved:

Persona 4
Cold Steel 1
Cold Steel 2
FF X
Muramasa Rebirth (didnt actually love this.. lol)

I played and got bored of:
Gravity Rush
Uncharted Golden Abyss

I feel like I MUST have missed out on some absolute gems on the Vita but can't really find any specific ones.
Are there any titles which compete with Switch's offerings or offer something significantly different as if not, I'm keen to move on from the Vita for now.

Shadicluigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So far I've played and loved:

Persona 4
Cold Steel 1
Cold Steel 2
FF X
Muramasa Rebirth (didnt actually love this.. lol)

I played and got bored of:
Gravity Rush
Uncharted Golden Abyss

I feel like I MUST have missed out on some absolute gems on the Vita but can't really find any specific ones.
Are there any titles which compete with Switch's offerings or offer something significantly different as if not, I'm keen to move on from the Vita for now.
*cough* Senran Kagura Estival Versus

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Check out Everybody's Golf/Hot shots Golf, I think it's the only exclusive-in-spirit* Vita game I'm playing, and the only sports game series I could care about :)

* PS3 version is superior though if you have one... saves are incompatible too

D

Deleted User

how could you retire the vita??!! it's soooo cool. Try the Y's games. Both are splendid. The also like the blob game it's wonderful. Attack on titan is also a great game on this system. There are tons more. I take it you are not on 3.60? I mean with emulation there are soo many games available. I think you are really missing out on the full potential of the device. Consider motherboard downgrade....

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
how could you retire the vita??!! it's soooo cool. Try the Y's games. Both are splendid. The also like the blob game it's wonderful. Attack on titan is also a great game on this system. There are tons more. I take it you are not on 3.60? I mean with emulation there are soo many games available. I think you are really missing out on the full potential of the device. Consider motherboard downgrade....
Hi man, I do have a hacked vita 3.60.

Which emulated games would u recommend playing? Do they run smoothly? I haven't played:

PSP wise:
Final Fantasy Tactics
Ogre cling which I've heard is amazing

and I haven't played any GBA games.

theguyver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldnt retire it until youve played --- ps1 ....metal gear solid, castlevania sotn, ff 7, ff9, Chrono Cross, PSP..... Kingdom Hearts BBS final mix, Vita....Y's Viii, Child of light, metal gear 2/3 . those were my personal favourites. I ended up retiring my n3ds with Luma cfw because of the vita.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the vita XCOM version was great if you haven't played it. Geometry wars, Killzone Mercenary is a great handheld FPS

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Typical JRPGs
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1,2, and 3
Akiba’s Trip 2: Undead and Undressed
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited - strategy RPG

Like Muramasa
Odin's Sphere
Dragon's Crown

Like Monster Hunter
Freedom Wars
Soul Sacrifice Delta

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This and the other thread seem strange to me. You plan on retiring both the Vita and 3DS at the same time in favor of Switch? It's going to be years, if ever, when Switch finally has enough titles to qualify as a full time console. You might as well just get a Switch for the few games worth playing now and anything that gets released along the way while continuing to enjoy the dozens of great titles on both Vita and 3DS.

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This and the other thread seem strange to me. You plan on retiring both the Vita and 3DS at the same time in favor of Switch? It's going to be years, if ever, when Switch finally has enough titles to qualify as a full time console. You might as well just get a Switch for the few games worth playing now and anything that gets released along the way while continuing to enjoy the dozens of great titles on both Vita and 3DS.

Yeah I get what you mean. The deal for me is I'm quite strapped for time in all honesty so in my mind I'm just thinking: are there real quality titles on the Vita/3DS I can play now and continue to wait for Switch's library to grow or is whats left fairly medicore games?

For example, I find Murasama at the time really boring and methodical. Then I pick up a title like Cold Steel 2 or Fire emblem fates and I'm like WTFF this is amazing!

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I get what you mean. The deal for me is I'm quite strapped for time in all honesty so in my mind I'm just thinking: are there real quality titles on the Vita/3DS I can play now and continue to wait for Switch's library to grow or is whats left fairly medicore games?

For example, I find Murasama at the time really boring and methodical. Then I pick up a title like Cold Steel 2 or Fire emblem fates and I'm like WTFF this is amazing!
Yea, I get you. It's just if we follow this line of thinking, I would have never bought a new system because I was still playing original DS games, which I do to this day. Still plenty of greats on the old systems, even on GBA really. I think it's unfair to say you will simply retire a system.

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yea, I get you. It's just if we follow this line of thinking, I would have never bought a new system because I was still playing original DS games, which I do to this day. Still plenty of greats on the old systems, even on GBA really. I think it's unfair to say you will simply retire a system.

Yup and you are totally right. I usually only buy a system once its a couple of years old and play the heck out of all the old titles. A few years ago when a GTX 670 was good, I had a very solid gaming PC but instead I was playing DS games on my 3DS.

However I think the difference for me now is time is a bit scarce. I'm 27, have to go to work etc. so the time I do get off, I want to play very epic and amazing titles. I don't have time to sink 20-30 hours into a game and by the end of it think... wow that was a bit crap.

I just finished Cold Steel 2 and I felt it was WELL worth my time. The final battles had me emotionally invested, I remember each and every character...! I need titles like that haha! :)

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup and you are totally right. I usually only buy a system once its a couple of years old and play the heck out of all the old titles. A few years ago when a GTX 670 was good, I had a very solid gaming PC but instead I was playing DS games on my 3DS.

However I think the difference for me now is time is a bit scarce. I'm 27, have to go to work etc. so the time I do get off, I want to play very epic and amazing titles. I don't have time to sink 20-30 hours into a game and by the end of it think... wow that was a bit crap.

ll that

I just finished Cold Steel 2 and I felt it was WELL worth my time. The final battles had me emotionally invested, I remember each and every character...! I need titles like that haha! :)
I'm not sure what being 27 has to do with it or anything exactly... I'm 35 and it is as bad as it sounds. Living death and all that shit. Welcome to hell.

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure what being 27 has to do with it or anything exactly... I'm 35 and it is as bad as it sounds. Living death and all that shit. Welcome to hell.

Haha well now I'm a bit older, I just dont get the time I did in my early 20s. at University I had LOTS of time but now I work in a hospital, doing 12-14 hour on calls, next week working 7 days in a row totalling 72 hours of working.. time is just that bit more scarce! Hence dont have the time to sometimes playing some of the crappier games I would have.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love all my portable consoles and I don't retire any of them, I only improve them. I put a super bright 5 level backlight in my GBA that I bought in 2003 or whenever. It's the silver one. I'd left it in the basement for like twelve years until I dug it out in mint condition and installed the backlight and now I'm enjoying it with an ez-flash IV. I also discovered the layton series and even though I have the R4 card on my 3ds I think I prefer the DS lite with 1:1 pixelmapping with a bigger screen. A ton of gems I missed on that.

ShroomKing

Somebody
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XCOM Enemy Unknown is awesome to have on a handheld.

then i also love the Ratchet & Clank Series (there's 1, 2, 3 on psn) start with 3 or 2, cuz 1 is just unfair and super hard for people new to the series. (3 is the best one imo)

also the Sly Cooper Series is pretty good.

there are also games like the Ys games, Tokyo Xanadu (though TX ex+ on pc/ps4 is a better version, but having it on a handheld is also pretty cool)

There's also the Jak and Daxter Series which has quite the framerate problems (1 is locked to 20fps, and 2,3 struggle to keep the 30fps)

Other games that i liked are: Dragon Quest Builders, Retro City Rampage and Broken Sword 5 ("point and click" adventure game, there's part 1 and 2 of this)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended