OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It is recommended to use a9lh?
At the moment i'm with Luma3DS 11.0 ( Emunand ) Menuhax+CTRBootmanager Autoboot
If I decide to switch to a9lh, my CIAs will continue installed ?

What are the advantages?

Thank you.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's seriously suggested to go to A9LH because it's just better and more secure.
You can keep your current games either by just continuing to use your emuNAND or switching your emuNAND with your sysnand after A9LH and using Hourglass9/
Well, you 100% boot rate
CFW sysNAND, so no need to install DSi/GBA games twice and you can free up space on your SD card for more games
A brick proof system without emuNAND. As A9LH loads before your NAND, you can always keep your system safe and if you fuck up your NAND, you can always restore it.
You gain the advantage of being able to use either Corbenik or SaltFW as they are A9LH only.
Faster boot time.
and plenty of other advantages.
It takes time to set up, but it's totally worth upgrading from MenuHAX to A9LH
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Jaitsu

Yet Another GBATemp Furry
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The advantages are that, once it's set up, you have a 100% boot rate (I don't know, has menuhax fixed this? Last I used it it worked about 9/10 of the time), a much faster boot (maybe a second longer than usual), no need for EmuNAND at all (hello free SD-card space!), brick protection (ability to create/restore NAND updates before the system even fully boots, saving you from anything but a GW brick) and some tentative protection against future system updates (because it sits in the bootloader and protects itself from being overwritten, unless Nintendo gets creative in getting rid of it). Setting it up is a bit of a hassle, but in my opinion, totally worth the effort.

In your case, a good idea might be to back up both your NANDs, format SysNAND using TinyFormat, THEN follow the whole guide. Then, after you're done with *everything* else, restore your EmuNAND to SysNAND, using Decrypt9 to keep a9lh. That way, you'd have all your CIAs installed just as they are now, with an updated 11.0 SysNAND that you can boot straight into from a9lh with luma/etc.

Last edited by Jaitsu,
D

Deleted User

Whatever's up to you dude :) it's pretty tough to install but you'll never have to worry again about your 3DS :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.