Music

Dark Blade

Flippin' Insane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
See i was wondering what all you guys out there like to listen to. Rock? Classic? DEATH METAL? Incidentally has any body here heard Toxic?

Oh right and this may sound lame but does anybody listen ot the Backstreet Boys?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
NeSchn said:
I agree, I would much rather see boy bands then the shit on nowadays.
Ahh, you have shit nowadays in USA too ? seems it's not only in France with TV bigbrother's show to vote for false singers
huh.gif

And they wonder why they are selling less CD .. oh wait ! Piracy of course, not their fault
dry.gif

ontopic, I'm listening to game/anime's OST and orchestral music (but no classical period like mozart or beth.)

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boy bands were 100% better than the shit we have these days in TV. It's mostly Britney Spears being relived through Miley Cyrus, the real britney spears coming back, Jonas Brothers talking about how they want a real relationship and love you from the bottom of their hearts but aren't ready to have sex with you because it's not religiously correct, emo kids screaming about how their life sucks and they want to kill themselves while they make millions of dollars off the teenage retards who buy that shit, rap still sucking for the most part, and that's pretty much it.
Well there's also screamo bullshit and metal getting even gayer and more mainstream, oh and 80% of the people you know are now 'hipsters' (but they all just search the internet for obscure bands that sound like shit and say they're good just because).

I think the last good album I've heard was probably Owl City's Ocean Eyes.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
Boy bands were 100% better than the shit we have these days in TV. It's mostly Britney Spears being relived through Miley Cyrus, the real britney spears coming back, Jonas Brothers talking about how they want a real relationship and love you from the bottom of their hearts but aren't ready to have sex with you because it's not religiously correct, emo kids screaming about how their life sucks and they want to kill themselves while they make millions of dollars off the teenage retards who buy that shit, rap still sucking for the most part, and that's pretty much it.
Well there's also screamo bullshit and metal getting even gayer and more mainstream, oh and 80% of the people you know are now 'hipsters' (but they all just search the internet for obscure bands that sound like shit and say they're good just because).

I think the last good album I've heard was probably Owl City's Ocean Eyes.
I agreed with everything you said up until "I think the last good album I've heard was probably Owl City's Ocean Eyes." I really hope you are kidding. You bust on all this stuff and how its awful and just them making money and stuff and then you comment on how you like Owl City.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like most music that isn't about stupid shit.

Owl City is actually pretty decent. I don't exclusively like hipster trash, but it's a pretty good album, decently upbeat, and he actually has a voice I can hear over the music and decipher what he's saying.

I by no means listen to any genre exclusively at all, I actually prefer Country to most stuff these days, but I do find some bands in most genres that are good (I like Agalloch despite being metal).

Unless of course you meant there's supposed to be something wrong with that album besides the genre.

Megane

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
driverzx said:
Music these days sucks, grunge is awesome.
Alice In Chains
yay.gif
don't buy grunge man it's like the most depressive and juck crap ever with man that get to kill themself dude.. i mean yay but it's silly

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
I like most music that isn't about stupid shit.

Owl City is actually pretty decent. I don't exclusively like hipster trash, but it's a pretty good album, decently upbeat, and he actually has a voice I can hear over the music and decipher what he's saying.

I by no means listen to any genre exclusively at all, I actually prefer Country to most stuff these days, but I do find some bands in most genres that are good (I like Agalloch despite being metal).

Unless of course you meant there's supposed to be something wrong with that album besides the genre.

I just think its terrible, its like everything bad in music nowadays added in one album. All the shitty pop, all the shitty catchy music, the catchy words, and on top of that the guy wants to be hugged by 1,000 fireflies. Thats just terrible, I can't believe any guy would ever write about that... but thats just my opinion.

As for Agalloch, they are amazing, I love them
biggrin.gif
Dead Winter Days is amazing!

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you say that the Backstreet Boys are better than Tokio Hotel or Paramore or FUCKING Nickelback, that doesn't change the fact that they all make bad music.

For the most part, pop music is uninteresting.

MuppetInvasion

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not so much the music associated with rap but its the people who generally listen to it that bugs me (Not that the music is that good anyway).

Currently listening to The Killers and Passion Pit. Highly recommend Passion Pit for people looking for something a little different.
smileipb2.png

driverzx

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Megane said:
driverzx said:
Music these days sucks, grunge is awesome.
Alice In Chains
yay.gif
don't buy grunge man it's like the most depressive and juck crap ever with man that get to kill themself dude.. i mean yay but it's silly
Lolwut, grunge depressing? So what, a few singers killed themself, so the music is depressing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn