Music

Dark Blade

Flippin' Insane
OP
Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2009
Messages
673
Trophies
0
Age
27
Location
Inside a Pokeball.
XP
157
Country
See i was wondering what all you guys out there like to listen to. Rock? Classic? DEATH METAL? Incidentally has any body here heard Toxic?

Oh right and this may sound lame but does anybody listen ot the Backstreet Boys?
 

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
23,691
Trophies
2
Age
44
Location
Engine room, learning
XP
15,320
Country
France
NeSchn said:
I agree, I would much rather see boy bands then the shit on nowadays.
Ahh, you have shit nowadays in USA too ? seems it's not only in France with TV bigbrother's show to vote for false singers
huh.gif

And they wonder why they are selling less CD .. oh wait ! Piracy of course, not their fault
dry.gif



ontopic, I'm listening to game/anime's OST and orchestral music (but no classical period like mozart or beth.)
 

Pyrofyr

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
1,262
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Miami
XP
267
Country
United States
Boy bands were 100% better than the shit we have these days in TV. It's mostly Britney Spears being relived through Miley Cyrus, the real britney spears coming back, Jonas Brothers talking about how they want a real relationship and love you from the bottom of their hearts but aren't ready to have sex with you because it's not religiously correct, emo kids screaming about how their life sucks and they want to kill themselves while they make millions of dollars off the teenage retards who buy that shit, rap still sucking for the most part, and that's pretty much it.
Well there's also screamo bullshit and metal getting even gayer and more mainstream, oh and 80% of the people you know are now 'hipsters' (but they all just search the internet for obscure bands that sound like shit and say they're good just because).

I think the last good album I've heard was probably Owl City's Ocean Eyes.
 

NeSchn

Swag.
Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
3,582
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
Upstate New York
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
1,360
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
Boy bands were 100% better than the shit we have these days in TV. It's mostly Britney Spears being relived through Miley Cyrus, the real britney spears coming back, Jonas Brothers talking about how they want a real relationship and love you from the bottom of their hearts but aren't ready to have sex with you because it's not religiously correct, emo kids screaming about how their life sucks and they want to kill themselves while they make millions of dollars off the teenage retards who buy that shit, rap still sucking for the most part, and that's pretty much it.
Well there's also screamo bullshit and metal getting even gayer and more mainstream, oh and 80% of the people you know are now 'hipsters' (but they all just search the internet for obscure bands that sound like shit and say they're good just because).

I think the last good album I've heard was probably Owl City's Ocean Eyes.
I agreed with everything you said up until "I think the last good album I've heard was probably Owl City's Ocean Eyes." I really hope you are kidding. You bust on all this stuff and how its awful and just them making money and stuff and then you comment on how you like Owl City.
 

Pyrofyr

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
1,262
Trophies
0
Age
32
Location
Miami
XP
267
Country
United States
I like most music that isn't about stupid shit.

Owl City is actually pretty decent. I don't exclusively like hipster trash, but it's a pretty good album, decently upbeat, and he actually has a voice I can hear over the music and decipher what he's saying.

I by no means listen to any genre exclusively at all, I actually prefer Country to most stuff these days, but I do find some bands in most genres that are good (I like Agalloch despite being metal).

Unless of course you meant there's supposed to be something wrong with that album besides the genre.
 

Megane

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
110
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
83
Country
Canada
driverzx said:
Music these days sucks, grunge is awesome.
Alice In Chains
yay.gif
don't buy grunge man it's like the most depressive and juck crap ever with man that get to kill themself dude.. i mean yay but it's silly
 

NeSchn

Swag.
Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
3,582
Trophies
0
Age
30
Location
Upstate New York
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
1,360
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
I like most music that isn't about stupid shit.

Owl City is actually pretty decent. I don't exclusively like hipster trash, but it's a pretty good album, decently upbeat, and he actually has a voice I can hear over the music and decipher what he's saying.

I by no means listen to any genre exclusively at all, I actually prefer Country to most stuff these days, but I do find some bands in most genres that are good (I like Agalloch despite being metal).

Unless of course you meant there's supposed to be something wrong with that album besides the genre.

I just think its terrible, its like everything bad in music nowadays added in one album. All the shitty pop, all the shitty catchy music, the catchy words, and on top of that the guy wants to be hugged by 1,000 fireflies. Thats just terrible, I can't believe any guy would ever write about that... but thats just my opinion.

As for Agalloch, they are amazing, I love them
biggrin.gif
Dead Winter Days is amazing!
 

Jaems

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
687
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
236
Country
United States
When you say that the Backstreet Boys are better than Tokio Hotel or Paramore or FUCKING Nickelback, that doesn't change the fact that they all make bad music.

For the most part, pop music is uninteresting.
 

MuppetInvasion

Banned!
Banned
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
145
Trophies
0
Location
Australia
XP
105
Country
It's not so much the music associated with rap but its the people who generally listen to it that bugs me (Not that the music is that good anyway).

Currently listening to The Killers and Passion Pit. Highly recommend Passion Pit for people looking for something a little different.
smileipb2.png
 

driverzx

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
167
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
Rosmalen
XP
102
Country
Netherlands
Megane said:
driverzx said:
Music these days sucks, grunge is awesome.
Alice In Chains
yay.gif
don't buy grunge man it's like the most depressive and juck crap ever with man that get to kill themself dude.. i mean yay but it's silly
Lolwut, grunge depressing? So what, a few singers killed themself, so the music is depressing?
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: It's the Chinaman edition one