Music making programs

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by xShinobi, Jun 8, 2008.

1. xShinobi
    OP

xShinobi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2008
    Australia
    Hey tempers, just wanted to find a program for making music. A few years ago I used this program at school, you could choose what instruments to add and what times they would play. Sadly, I forgot what it was called. [​IMG]
    If anyone could point me in a direction, or even find me a program, it would be greatly appreciated. If the program was free that would be great!

2. Endogene

Endogene GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2008
    France
    brittany
    i guess that sounds like guitar pro
    http://www.guitar-pro.com/fr/index.php
    although guitar pro is good for making tablatures the sound itself is pretty mediocre even with the "RSE" turned on

3. bustyman100

bustyman100 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2008
    New Zealand
    Ahh the fond memories of high school music class.

For composition look for a program called "Sibelius", which is named after a classical composer. It is a pretty tiny program, so its umm it's easy to pirate. Not that we condone that kind of thing.

For ear training try a program called "Ear Master".

If you have a DS, I would also highly recommend "Daigasso! Band Brothers", which has a simple 8 track midi composer built in. Or you can import the sequel "Band Brothers DX" which is due in a month or so.

Anywhos, hope that helps.

4. xShinobi
    OP

xShinobi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2008
    Australia
    Thanks to both of you for the help. [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice