buzzlightyear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The music in the bit generations series is awesome, especially in Dotstream.

Ive searched hard in the forums and the web after a way to rip it, with no luck.
i saw in the ds section that there was some tools for ripping music from ds roms, but i cant find any for gba games.

Anyone knows how i can do this? Or have the music dumps already?

Please help, id really appreciate it!
biggrin.gif

Thx!

buzzlightyear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tried using the saptapper to rip the music (to get gsf files).

But it seems that Dotstream is not sappy compatible (probably like other newer games). The error i got was sappy_main not found in the rom.

Is there other ways to do it? (Please note that my programming skills are quite limited, so im not sure how manually i can do this...)

buzzlightyear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Funny thing about that recording from the game directly _while playing_ in visual boy (which is going to take _alot_ of work btw)...

I was thinking i should keep the "hand break" button pressed so i dont make too much extra sound effects over the music while playing and dont accidentally crash and have to retire. However i then encountered something strange...

The music sound track doesnt move forward into new "verses" if you dont race. The music will simply loop at a certain verse, until you move forward to next area in the race course, which triggers a new verse to be played.

Maybe other already knew this, but this makes the music even more an integral part of this splendid game!

I have completed the game now 100%, but getting recordings from the last gp series will be very difficult without dying, meaning you have to do a lot of re recordings...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.