Hacking Music cutting out in games on my hacked Vita.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So... I've got a pretty big problem...

I very recently ordered a used Japanese PS Vita 2000 from eBay, and I hacked it pretty much right out of the box, and am currently running on 3.65 Enso. But I very quickly noticed something strange when trying to play games on the system...

Certain games have the music just randomly cut out. I say randomly, but in some cases, it's reproducible (I'll explain that below), and it may not actually be random, but rather some sort of trigger that I haven't figured out. Either way, the music track - but NOT the sound effects, will cut out abruptly and will remain muted until another music track begins.

The games that I have experienced the music cutting out in are as follows:

- Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (the music on the main menu will always cut out at a specific point during the song).

- Ratchet & Clank Collection

- Street Fighter x Tekken

- Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

The top one is, as I said, reproducible, while the others so far seem to be random. In R&C (the first one), the music abruptly stops for seemingly no reason at random. In SFxT and UMvC3, I've observed it happening randomly during fights.

And here is a list of games that, so far, I have NOT experienced the music cutting out in:

- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X

- IA/VT Colorful

- Valkyria Revolution

- Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight

- Persona 4: Dancing All Night

- Dragon's Crown

- Touch My Katamari

If any of these games MIGHT have the music issue, I have not run into it so far.

I brought this to the attention of the HENkaku Discord a few days ago, and they asked me to show them my config.txt, and what we found out was that the previous owner of this system had already previously hacked it, possibly with some other method, and a bunch of plugins were trying to be loaded, some multiple times. They helped me remove the unnecessary plugin lines from the config.txt, but the problem still persists. The plugins that the previous person used are also still present in the folder (since I'm not sure which of these files may actually be important, so I haven't deleted them), but only the plugins I'm actively using are enabled in config.txt, which are just the basic stuff that pretty much everyone is using.

Any idea why this is happening, and how I can fix it?

Edit: I should also probably mention that all of my games have been downloaded directly via the PSN servers, so I don't think the game files themselves are the problem.

Edit 2: Also, I don't think that it's my MicroSD (SD2Vita) because I had previously used this exact same MicroSD in my Switch and it worked fine for over a year before I upgraded my Switch's storage.

Last edited by Rubedo,

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So... I've got a pretty big problem...

I very recently ordered a used Japanese PS Vita 2000 from eBay, and I hacked it pretty much right out of the box, and am currently running on 3.65 Enso. But I very quickly noticed something strange when trying to play games on the system...

Certain games have the music just randomly cut out. I say randomly, but in some cases, it's reproducible (I'll explain that below), and it may not actually be random, but rather some sort of trigger that I haven't figured out. Either way, the music track - but NOT the sound effects, will cut out abruptly and will remain muted until another music track begins.

The games that I have experienced the music cutting out in are as follows:

- Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (the music on the main menu will always cut out at a specific point during the song).

- Ratchet & Clank Collection

- Street Fighter x Tekken

- Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

The top one is, as I said, reproducible, while the others so far seem to be random. In R&C (the first one), the music abruptly stops for seemingly no reason at random. In SFxT and UMvC3, I've observed it happening randomly during fights.

And here is a list of games that, so far, I have NOT experienced the music cutting out in:

- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X

- IA/VT Colorful

- Valkyria Revolution

- Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight

- Persona 4: Dancing All Night

- Dragon's Crown

- Touch My Katamari

If any of these games MIGHT have the music issue, I have not run into it so far.

I brought this to the attention of the HENkaku Discord a few days ago, and they asked me to show them my config.txt, and what we found out was that the previous owner of this system had already previously hacked it, possibly with some other method, and a bunch of plugins were trying to be loaded, some multiple times. They helped me remove the unnecessary plugin lines from the config.txt, but the problem still persists. The plugins that the previous person used are also still present in the folder (since I'm not sure which of these files may actually be important, so I haven't deleted them), but only the plugins I'm actively using are enabled in config.txt, which are just the basic stuff that pretty much everyone is using.

Any idea why this is happening, and how I can fix it?

Edit: I should also probably mention that all of my games have been downloaded directly via the PSN servers, so I don't think the game files themselves are the problem.
@Rubedo ,you should try with Adrenaline(PSP/PS1 emulator)if you have the same problem with music while playing.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Rubedo ,you should try with Adrenaline(PSP/PS1 emulator)if you have the same problem with music while playing.

What would I find out by doing that? Do you have a theory about what's going on?

Edit: I tried out the following games:

Space Invaders Extreme (PSP)

Sega Genesis Collection (Ristar) (PSP)

Mega Man Powered Up (PSP)

Crash Bandicoot 2 (PS1)

Final Fantasy VII (PS1)

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1)

None of these games experienced the music issue, from my time testing them.

Last edited by Rubedo,

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What would I find out by doing that? Do you have a theory about what's going on?

Edit: I tried out the following games:

Space Invaders Extreme (PSP)

Sega Genesis Collection (Ristar) (PSP)

Mega Man Powered Up (PSP)

Crash Bandicoot 2 (PS1)

Final Fantasy VII (PS1)

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1)

None of these games experienced the music issue, from my time testing them.
@Rubedo ,i wanted to understand if it was a software or hardware problem,from your answer i understand that it is software,you should delete all plugins and reinstall them from 0 or a factory reset,format the internal memory and then again hack,install plugins(only necessary).and game tests and see if the problem recurs.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Rubedo ,i wanted to understand if it was a software or hardware problem,from your answer i understand that it is software,you should delete all plugins and reinstall them from 0 or a factory reset,format the internal memory and then again hack,install plugins(only necessary).and game tests and see if the problem recurs.

I don't know anything about resetting all that and I worry that if I attempt it, I might just screw it up worse...

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know anything about resetting all that and I worry that if I attempt it, I might just screw it up worse...
@Rubedo ,it is not difficult to go into settings and format the system and then follow this guide,for rehack your PS Vita,or you keep it with this sound error.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would reset the whole console. You'll never know what the previous owner did to their console.
Reinstall the firmware with Modoru, format everything and start from scratch following that site: https://vita.hacks.guide/

Why do I need to do it with Modoru? Isn't there just a factory reset I can do in the system settings?

Edit: Also...

I have SD2Vita set up. Do I need to format my microSD too or can that remain as-is?

And I've also read that it's bad to boot the Vita without the SD2Vita card inserted once you've set it up, so could that create any problems with resetting the system? Should I leave it in during this process or remove it?

Edit 2: Also before I do this, I want to back up all of my save data to my PC. How do I do this?

Last edited by Rubedo,

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why do I need to do it with Modoru? Isn't there just a factory reset I can do in the system settings?

I have SD2Vita set up. Do I need to format my microSD too or can that remain as-is?

And I've also read that it's bad to boot the Vita without the SD2Vita card inserted once you've set it up, so could that create any problems with resetting the system? Should I leave it in during this process or remove it?

Edit 2: Also before I do this, I want to back up all of my save data to my PC. How do I do this?
@Rubedo ,you can safely reset your PS Vita without formatting Sd2vita(microsd),then upgrade to the latest version 3.73,hack(follow link in previous post,downgrade with Modoru and reconfigure sd2vita with Autoplugin2.
Save data are in ux0/user,if you use Sd2vita are inside microsd.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Rubedo ,you can safely reset your PS Vita without formatting Sd2vita(microsd),then upgrade to the latest version 3.73,hack(follow link in previous post,downgrade with Modoru and reconfigure sd2vita with Autoplugin2.
Save data are in ux0/user,if you use Sd2vita are inside microsd.

So do I leave my sd2vita in the entire time I do this or remove it until the guide says to insert it?

Also I had heard that using Autoplugin was bad.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Since you can mount system partitions it is possible to mess around with system files. Reinstalling the firmware will make sure that those changes are reverted and maybe solve your sound issues. I guess reinstalling the firmware in recovery mode works too.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So do I leave my sd2vita in the entire time I do this or remove it until the guide says to insert it?

Also I had heard that using Autoplugin was bad.
@Rubedo ,if you need to do a system restore and format the internal memory,Sd2vita remove it momentarily and then reinsert it after redoing the hack,follow the guide link that we left you both me and @GothichIII.
As for Autoplugin2 many say it is bad, but I have been using it since I hacked my PS Vita Slim 3.65 Enso.
WML243d.jpg

IoribP3.jpg

This problem arose,because someone installed the plugins manually and didn't know where to put their hands,only a reset will fix the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.