keine

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The buttons on my PSP 2000 are quite mushy.

Is there any way to alleviate this issue? A case from Deal Extreme came with my purchase, but I'm not very impressed with it.
Are the PSP 2000 buttons normally mushy? Is there any way I could treat the rubber on the buttons to stiffen them? or any modifications?
Options?

Compared to the nice click of say a 3ds or even DS, the PSP buttons seem really mushy.

mjax

Trophies
XP
Country
The reason why the 3DS has the click feel in its controls is because Nintendo used dome switches for it. It's like a plate on top of the switch that twists inside when we press the buttons. Gameboy Advance SP too used this type of switches.

From what you mentioned, your PSP might have broken rubber pad inside which made it too mushy. When the rubber gets torned, the tension is decreased and so it becomes mushy. I cannot say this for sure unless I see it in my hands.

To resolve this issue, I could only suggest you to open your PSP and if the rubber is ripped then swap them with a new set. Also, the screws inside should be tightened enough so that the board doesn't move when the buttons are pressed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Like I said, people with criminal records tend to play the victim an awful lot. Thats all the more im going to say
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    in the wanted list thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    because you are an awful liar and narcissistic hypocrite
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I can prove what I am saying
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    If you want me to scan that paper I will give it to you but I can't waste my precious time on arguing with a moron like this
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The ciniematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The ciniematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most...