Gaming Multiple Save games pokemon platinum

ndsloser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to get more than one save game with a Pokemon Platinum ROM? Can I just copy the ROM over twice with different names?

vvedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ndsloser said:
Is it possible to get more than one save game with a Pokemon Platinum ROM? Can I just copy the ROM over twice with different names?

What's your linker ?
Supercard DS One can handle multisave.
I think some other cards may too.
Copying the rom twice with different name should work too, but your linker may also rely its saving upon the rom internal case, in which case it won't work...

Just make a backup of your save, copy the ROM with a different name, start a new game and save... and test your first save, and then the second one... If both are OK then it works !

...if this doesn't work, just play diamond + pearl (or platinum)

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Multiple threads about Multiple Save Games in Pokemon Platinum..
smile.gif

Ohh, You already got your answer
tongue.gif

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes having the same game with different names will work,i've done with with DQMJ awhile ago when I didn't feel like deleting/moving my save around......

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What did you do? Make 2 copies of the ROM? The CycloDS actually supports multi-save so you can have two different save files for each ROM.

Update your firmware and go to the settings menu, under Save Mode, choose either Normal or Alternate.

vvedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The reply above made me googling "cyclods save alternate" which led me to this topic
So be aware that the change applies to ALL the games, don't forget to switch back depending of the game you play.

Did you try to keep the normal save setting (save is in the same directory as the game) and put the copy in another directory ?

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
just make 2 chop call one poke p1 & the other p2 it take twice the rom size but it will let u have 2 sav, u just need to load the second 1 if u want to load sav 2.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are multiple ways to deal with this.
1)SCDS1 - Automatically handles this
2)Get a homebrew that allows you to handle file names and change them from your DS, shouldn't be hard to find, and you just have to load it to swap them out.
3)Load multiple versions of the ROM and SAV.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In emulation overclocked FX chips makes a pretty big difference in frame rate