Hacking Multiple problems with EZ Flash Omega

Kurasiu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've bought the EZ Flash Omega cartridge in July, and was very happy with it at first. However after 4 months of usage, it starts gradually failing, which makes it barely usable at this point:

- at first the Goomba GB emulator all of sudden stopped reading battery sav files, and save games. Everything was absolutely fine, until one day out of the blue Goomba refused to load saved games (it showed an empty save file list, despite there being a valid and working save file on the SD card, which was ued before), and trying to save anything resulted in the "Insufficient memory" error message, despite there being more than enough free space on the SD card.

- two weeks later, in a similar random and unexpected manner, the NOR writing stopped working too. I can only do a clean boot right now - no matter the game (tried at least a dozen, some of which were working before), whenever I try to write anything to NOR, it just boots me back to the game explorer, while displaying the "Checking sav file" message for a split second. I don't have anything in NOR at the moment, so I can't even format it from the firmware menu.

I tried using two different SD cards, formatting them with the official SD formatter tool, emptying the SAVER directory, reflashing the firmware, but nothing helped. Can it be fixed? Or did I just ended up with a cartridge that can do clean boots only, which are less than ideal for larger games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)