Multiple instruments in GH and RB2 ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by AdamBrunt, Aug 31, 2009.

Aug 31, 2009
  1. AdamBrunt
    OP

Member AdamBrunt GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hi all,

Should multiple instruments work when playing GH and RB2 through either LoaderGX and/or CFG ?

Up until I have assumed that instruments work fine but then I've only ever played the game with EITHER a microphone OR a Les Paul guitar. And on their own these work fine.

Today was the first time I've tried, with loads of mates round, to use both instruments at once. No dice. Only the guitar is recognised. If there is no guitar and you choose Quickplay the game thinks you are using the mic (and it detects your singing). Plug in the guitar and choose 'Band' (as opposed to 'Single') and you get the "at least 2 GH instruments must be connected" error even though the wiimote in the guitar is all sync'ed up. When you choose 'Single', with allegedly, both instruments connected, it asks whether you are playing Guitar or Bass. It seems as if the mic (in the 2nd USB slot) doesn't get recognised when a guitar is being used.

Is this a known issue with GH / RB2 games via a loader or am I not doing something correctly ?

TIA for any help.

Regards,

Adam Brunt

2. Alexrose

Member Alexrose Untitled

United Kingdom
    Are you using cIOS223? If not; you should be.

3. AdamBrunt
    OP

Yes 223 (37 merged with 36) on all the games I have tested. Have only tested GH5, GH: Greatest Hits, GH: Aerosmith so far but assume the problem happens on all of them.

It doesn't need something stupid like a Wiimote sync'ed to the Wii for the mic to work ?

4. AdamBrunt
    OP

Answering my own question ... at least with RB2 and GH:Greatest Hits, it seems you DO need a 2nd Wiimote sync'ed to the Wii (in addition to the one in the guitar) in order to use the mic as well.