Multiplayer Zelda: Four Swords

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by The Amorphist, Apr 13, 2011.

Apr 13, 2011
  1. The Amorphist
    OP

Newcomer The Amorphist Member

United States
    Title and subject says it all; I know on that other GC loader, you have the "Load with B to Patch" option. How do I accomplish this with Neo Gamma?

2. Stigmatic

Newcomer Stigmatic Advanced Member

Norway
    I think you would need more than a simple patch to make that work. Aren't there certain parts where you need to watch your gba screen and move around your character there? It's Ben a while since I played it.

If there is a way I would really like to know!
    If you have a working patch or something, and you are just asking on help how to use it, why are you not asking in the neogamma thread?

3. The Amorphist
    OP

United States
    The "patch" I referred to, is that I have seen in other threads, when using the GC Backup Loader, you can use the "B" button instead of A to boot up the game, and that does something to it. I'm not too clear on the whole thing.

4. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Four swords multiplayer? The hold B thing was the patched MIOS I think, you need to go to the GC options and enable boot MIOS or how it was called. You will need a GBA for sure, you can't "patch" a whole controller configuration.

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    If the game is not supposed to be played with 4 people with GC controllers, then it will not work. If all 4 people have to be on the tv screen at all time, then there might be a chance to hack it to be played with GC controllers, but i doubt it, and you would need somebody with superior skills spending some weeks on it.

If you are referring to something WiiGator's GC backup loader is capable of, then NeoGamma should just do it. Did you try it? Worst case should be that you need to select patched MIOS in NeoGamma's settings(which deactivates Ocarina and some other stuff).

6. The Amorphist
    OP

United States
    Selecting "patch MIOS" produces a Green Screen, followed by a black screen. Thanks for the tips guys.

7. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    What's the result without patched MIOS? Does it really work in WiiGator's loader? What's up with multiplayer without GBA??? Component cables? Regions?

8. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    For multiplayer you will need GBAs, there's no way around that.

If you play single player, the GBA screen appears on the TV when playing with a GC controller, but that's not the case for Multiplayer (unfortunately)