Multiplayer gba pc emulator?

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by Jhongerkong, May 8, 2008.

1. Jhongerkong
    OP

Jhongerkong GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2007
    Canada
    I remember seeing a gba emulator for the pc where it had 4 screens on the monitor and each one was running Zelda 4 Swords linked together with one person per screen. Does anyone know what emulator this is?

2. Urza

Urza hi

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
  3. Jhongerkong
    OP

Jhongerkong GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2007
    Canada
    Thanks for the link, just what I was looking for.

Btw, has anyone tried this yet? How is it in terms of speed and such. Im outta the house right now so I cant try it out.

4. Jack-Of-Trades

Jack-Of-Trades GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2008
    United States
    Speed depends on your computer's spec's

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    VBAlink is the main one but I seem to recall the code was added to the vba-m project which may be a better choice:
    http://vba-m.ngemu.com/ (make sure to read around as various versions work better than others and not always the newer ones).

Speed: flawless on my old laptop (512 ram and a 2.93GHz single core and whatever passed for a half decent ATI graphics card), even with two screens, a bunch of post processing a load going on in the background.

no$gba also has some stuff as I recall.

6. Jhongerkong
    OP

Jhongerkong GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2007
    Canada
    Thanks. I tried vba-link just now but I couldnt get it to link with 4 Swords. Ill have to try this one out.

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    From the site above:

# New! When playing Zelda: Four Swords, you have to set Timeout in Options/Link to above 10000 or below 200 (these values worked for me) - anything in between might make the game not link.

8. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    No$GBA has supported 4 Swords for ages, but it's single-PC only, meaning you'll have to have both people playing on the same computer with the same keyboard.