Hacking multiman question about game updates

Iceninecynic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the multiman server being down, I can't use it to check for game updates anymore, but when I launch a game, I'm prompted about a game update. Are these safe to do?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it depends on which firmware you currently are, and which firmware the game update requires.
If you are on cfw v4.40, and the game update require a 4.40 firmware or bellow, then it's fine ! the update will work.

If it asks you to update the game, it will only update the game (not the console's Firmware).
You can always delete the game update in the "Game data" menu at the top of the game column.

If you update a game, and now it requires a firmware you don't have, then it will ask you to update the console's firmware.
don't accept the console's update.

Alternatively, you can use external software (on your computer) to download game updates as packages, these update managers usually let you know which firmware is required for the update, so you know if you can install it or not.

mschumacher69

Trophies
XP
Country
it depends on which firmware you currently are, and which firmware the game update requires.
If you are on cfw v4.40, and the game update require a 4.40 firmware or bellow, then it's fine ! the update will work.

If it asks you to update the game, it will only update the game (not the console's Firmware).
You can always delete the game update in the "Game data" menu at the top of the game column.

If you update a game, and now it requires a firmware you don't have, then it will ask you to update the console's firmware.
don't accept the console's update.
Not entirely true, all 4.xx games/updates work on any 4.xx CFW, so even if you have a 4.30 CFW and you try to load a game/update requiring 4.40, mM would patch it and it would work.

This would still be the case as long as the 4.xx keys are still the same; they have been so far.

Reactions: Iceninecynic

Kosake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was wondering this myself as I just modded my PS3 and found that the MM servers are down. Got exactly the answers I was looking for, thanks! =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol