Hacking Multiman and PS3NetSrv - use mygames.xml instead of scanning every launch?

KhenemetHeru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I currently have a huge library of ISO format games I'm serving to my PS3, is there a way to run Multiman and not scan for games every time it starts up? In other words, can I have it do an initial scan and that's it, similar to xbox 360's Aurora behavior, or as I have Webman-Mod set to do currently, where the game database once scanned is permanent unless I manually scan or make changes somehow? It takes forever to scan my drives and share (sometimes with lockups and crashing), and to have to sit there each and every time I go back to Multiman is ridiculous... can't I utilize the mygames.xml from Webman-Mod or something?

To preempt any questions along the lines of 'why don't you just use Webman's XMB menu to launch'... while I can do that, it's not as elegant as having the coverflow in Multiman, and it's also a really, really long menu to scroll through! I'd rather use Multiman as I always have, if I can... but rescanning net0 and the usb drives everytime it starts up is just too much.

Any help on how to do it would be appreciated... or is this just not possible?

mccorkled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’d like to give this a bump. I have been searching for a similar solution. I’ve dumped around 200 or so of my PS3 games and scanning every time is not practical. I’d love a cover flow solution.
Thank you.

KhenemetHeru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’d like to give this a bump. I have been searching for a similar solution. I’ve dumped around 200 or so of my PS3 games and scanning every time is not practical. I’d love a cover flow solution.
Thank you.
I'm bumping this myself as I am coming back to this after nearly 2 years of no solution and not using my PS3 at all because of it. I'm wondering if it's just easier to hook up a massive ntfs drive and use managunz or Irisman. But I haven't got any experience with those.

In any case, I'd still like to know if there's a way to have a fixed game list in mmCM that doesn't rescan the server every time but can still use the network server to run games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.