Multidisc NGC Games on GCOS DVD9

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by dreadyz, Oct 18, 2007.

Oct 18, 2007
  1. dreadyz
    OP

Member dreadyz GBAtemp Regular

France
    I just got my Wii modded a few weeks ago and have my Wiikey updated with the latest firmware and everything. I have been using the newest version of the GCOS DVD9 to burn my Gamecube games and have had no problems, but I'm about to burn Tales of Symphonia, which is my first multidisc game, and want to make sure that it is supported by the newest version of GCOS.
    If that is not possible, could I burn the first disc 1 to a multigame disc and just put disc 2 on a seperate DVD? Thanks

2. dsbomb

Member dsbomb GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Having the second disc burned straight to a disc (RW are good for testing) will work. I don't know if anyone has tested it enough to know for sure in that game. Basically, if the game lets you save before swapping discs, you'd be ok. Reboot to the GCOS menu, start up disc 2, and resume from your save. If it doesn't, and the game wants the next disc inserted immedately, you can't do that with the multidisc util.

3. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    read the threads on the latest gcos i believe it had some issues with multidisk tho not relevant to this.. on that gcos if you put both discs on the same dvd9 it won't recognize both or whatnot.
    but yeah puttin the 2nd disc on a separate disc will work. (or temporarily on a RW then save on the 2nd disc and play from the multidisc if u have th e2nd disc on there too, with the older gcos)