Hacking Multiboot Disc from disc channel

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Main problems are the saving of the settings as it currently looks for the SD card, and the fact you would really want a version that uses IOS249, or whatever was requested. You then get an issue with games that load other DOLs e.g. SSX.

A version of a cIOS that had an IOS_Reload function that could be temporarily disabled would be useful..... But I digress (as you then wouldn't need to patch games to specific IOSs e.g. 249 to let them work such as Sam And Max)

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The native ios idea was for people with cioscorp or modchips, and I only thought that would be a good default action, of course been able to pick which ios to use is a good thing, but for some it's not really needed. I've never tested it without an SD card in my Wii. I'll edit the first post to include this info. Thanks again

victory144

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
victory144.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thanks ...
I will try this and ill post the result here !

Edit:
Multiboot.img USA doesn't work !

Tested on Wii 3.2 U Modchip , with Heavenly_Guardian in the Table # 1 and the multiboot.img in the Table # 0......

Idea : if we can add the channel in every multiboot disk that can directly run the installation from the disk ! IDK if thats possible !

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
arasium said:
what do you mean by using WiiPartitionBinChanger first?

I need to apply this to partion.bin before using Partitionbuilder?

No. Victory144 was testing a pre-made multiboot.img I totally messed up. You only need to use the partition.bin changer if you change the ID in boot.bin, because these have to match or you'll burn a coaster. If you do do this remember that you have to change, update and sign this in both the Ticket and TMD tabs.

arasium

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ok, so if i extract all the files (of course excepting the main.dol wich comes from multiboot.dol) from the same game disc, i only need to use partitionbuilder? No needs of WiiPartitionBinChanger?

I ask for this because i don't understant the goal of WiiPartitionBinChanger (if you have a link to an explanation or tuto, i will accept it
smile.gif
)!

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The main use for WiiPartitionBinChanger is so you can change the ID of partitions and fake sign them. It tells you as much in the readme. The main use for this is people making custom guitar hero discs so they can have a separate save file for the game. I needed it because the multiboot.img's I'm making and will link to once they are working right everywhere and I've got some discs to test them myself have a custom ID and partition title.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks Dack. This is great. I will test it as soon as possible.

The main problem isn't getting this working, it's getting it working as easily as possible. But some moments of serious brain fade have slowed me down making a distributable partition image. My latest attempt is being tested as we speak. My ultimate goal would be to have a pair of scrubbed iso's, one DVD5 and one DVD9, that a programme can add selected partitions to, set the correct region, and add the main.dol from a directory(so updates to the loader don't need all new iso's. I don't know how you would build a legal to distribute iso, but I know it's got to be possible.

I'd also like to do a little app which uses a template partition.bin, apploader.img etc, lets you select a main.dol and directory for your source files, rename the partition, and let you build your own homebrew partitions. The homebrew would have to be hacked to read off of wii disc, and maybe give the option of creating a save file, but that would be cool. Does PartitionBuilder work on the CLI?

Also if anyone knows how much leeway you have with titleID's. I've noticed some games come with the X region (some crazy golf game), but do you have to stick to the R__x formula?

arasium

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Dack, in your release, what have you done exactly?

have you modified the partition or have you modified the multiboot.dol to force it to ignore table 0?

RomMon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried this a multiple times but every time the Wii freezes a few seconds after inserting the disk.
This is before a banner is shown in the disk channel.

Cwstjdenobs, can you mention a (host) ISO for which this works?

I would be very cool to get this working.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've almost got a legal base iso working so look for a new thread in the next 48 hours. RomMon, I think there's a problem with Partition Builder. It works if I just replace the main.dol on the homebrew installer disc iso. You could try padding that out.

Could a staff member please lock this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning