Hacking Multi region Wii on Wii U HDD

how to run USA rips from an external HDD connected to my new European (PAL) Wii U?

• use this software ....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • read this thread -.....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

talal77maki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

this is probably covered somewhere but every thread that says for Noobs (like me) is still very complicated, filled with tech jargon, and still does not answer simple question making them non-noobs friendly.
I recently bought a European Wii U (with Mario Cart 8 on DVD, not pre-installed) with FW 3.1.0
i have (had) an NTSC Wii with many original disks that I have ripped in the past.
my question is simple:

I want to run these USA rips from an external HDD connected to my new European (PAL) Wii U
How to do this?

talal77maki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Hello Loler55

See this is what I'm talking about: the LEGO indiana Jones I have is USA and the console refuses to read the disk so does this mean i need a PAL version to hack the vWii? Also once hacked, will it mean I can play NTSC ripped Wii games on my Wii U?
Thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello

Also does this mean i need to follow each step or do I go directly to step3?

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello Loler55

See this is what I'm talking about: the LEGO indiana Jones I have is USA and the console refuses to read the disk so does this mean i need a PAL version to hack the vWii? Also once hacked, will it mean I can play NTSC ripped Wii games on my Wii U?
Thanks

you can play ntsc ripped wii games on your wiiu vwii
lego indiana jones have 2 exploidfiles 1 for pal one for ntsc use the other one

3) Hacking the vWii to play Wii game backups, WiiWare titles and homebrews

- This is possible!
- You'll need a SD card (less or equal than 2GB) + an external USB Hard Disk (with double-USB power or external power (optional) + one of these Wii games:

• LEGO Batman
  • Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
  • LEGO Indiana Jones
  • LEGO Star Wars
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  • Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Wheelie Breakers
- Follow a guide explaining how to install Homebrew Channel on vWii (not Wii!) using HackMii, like this one or this one (in french).

- Follow a guide explaining how to backup your unique vWii "NAND" and "keys" (backing up your NAND and keys is useful to restore your configuration in case of error), like this one.

- Follow a guide explaining how to install the latest "d2x cIOS" (installing a cIOS is mandatory to install backup launchers), like this one or this one (in french).

- Follow a guide explaining how to install a backup launcher like WiiFlow or USB Loader GX, like this one or this one (in french).

- Install your Wii games ("ISOs") on your SD card / USB hard drive.

- Optional: Follow a guide to install a channel forwarder (to avoid launching the homebrew channel every time), like this one or this one (in french).

- Enjoy!

np....

Last edited by loler55,

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Wii games are region locked. Any exploit of any kind performed within a game, should require a correct region disk. (I assume installing a softmod after a hardmod is an exception, but I don't own a Wii modchip)

Last edited by Lumstar,

talal77maki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wii games are region locked. Any exploit of any kind performed within a game, should require a correct region disk. (I assume installing a softmod after a hardmod is an exception, but I don't own a Wii modchip)

Thanks a lot.
this is what I was afraid of as it means i'm helpless unless I get one of the required disks in my region format.
i think i will just re-order all the titles I want in PAL anyway rather than cracking my console.
it seems much easier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls