Hacking Multi region and region free on Sky3DS

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
As I understand it, Sky3DS can only play ROMs from the same region as the 3DS console it's being used on.

Does this include "multi region" and "region free" ROMs?

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
To be able to play games that are region free you have to remove the region lock. And that right there is a "custom" rom which Sky3ds cannot and will not play. So sadly you're stuck to whichever region your console is unless your using smea's regionthree which TBH is gonna get blocked in the next update.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah there is quite a few cia files branded "region free" these are for the 4.x cfw or gateway only, sky3ds cannot install cia files, and cannot play patched roms, as someone else said there is only 1 official region free cart which is a museum tour guide thing

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Ok, but if I find a ROM marked "Region Free" or "Multi Region", what does this mean?

those are games in cia/eshop format, that have been patched to make them region free so they will work in the 4.5 CFW (gw does not need them patched)
you can't use them with sky3ds

Reactions: innercy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended