Homebrew Multi-Mod Manager won't let me change my ciOS properly!

borgmanjayce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm having problems at the moment with changing the cIOS on my 4.3 softmodded PAL Wii in that every time I try to change it from ciOS 236 to ciOS 222 or ciOS 249 so that I can run certain homebrew on it such as emulators like vGBA or Genesis Plus or any of the USB Loaders, it always stays at ciOS 236 even after changing it to another ciOS via Multi-Mod Manager and going out of the program then returning to it.

I don't know why I'm having this problem but it's really frustrating especially as I have no problem running certain other homebrew software like WiiMC and WiiXplorer and WiiMC can recognise that I have a USB hard drive attached to it (a 1TB Western Digital Elements) and I can play various media stored on my main partition (which is a NTFS one) without problems and yet the emulators/USB loaders can't see the USB hard drive itself!

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be very grateful to hear them.

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
HBC 1.08 + IOS 58 + Partition (FAT32 cluster 32k). This will let u use USB 2.0 support and dont worry about games >4gb cause WiiBackupManager will autosplit files
smile.gif

enjoy it
wink.gif

Edited: use cIOS 249 rev20b with base56!

borgmanjayce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
egurgle said:
HBC 1.08 + IOS 58 + Partition (FAT32 cluster 32k). This will let u use USB 2.0 support and dont worry about games >4gb cause WiiBackupManager will autosplit files
smile.gif

enjoy it
wink.gif

Edited: use cIOS 249 rev20b with base56!

I'll give that a go. I take it I can run FAT32 partitions alongside an NTFS one?

Also, I take it WiiBackupManager lets me transfer ISO's from my laptop's hard drive to the external hard drive?

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Example,,, i store all my ISOS in PC HDD. Then i transfer some games to external HDD using WiiBackupManager. This program will create a folder called WBFS and games will be installed there,,, each game will be in 1 subfolder.
BTW,,, the correct Wii USB Port is the Bottom (if ur wii is in horizontal position) - this is the reason WiiMC can read it and USB loaders cant.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?