multi-disc gc games on one dvd for wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by fear, Aug 26, 2007.

1. fear
    OP

fear Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2006
    Lesotho
    Hello all,

is it possible to play multi-disc gc games (like resident evil remake, for example) from one dvd? I don't think it will work but I thought it was still worth asking ;-)

TIA,
    fear

2. PikaPika

PikaPika GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 25, 2006
    United States
    AZ
    Since you have to switch discs at 1 point in all multi-disc games (as far as I know), I'm wagering on it not working.

3. Seraph

Seraph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 6, 2007
    United States
    Yes, before moving on to the next disc a game almost always asks you to save. Resident Evil also does this. However, Tales of Symphonia is a game that doesn't and there may also be others.

4. Maikel Steneker

Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Aren't there special programs for these games that kinda merge the discs so it will be recognized as disc 1 and 2?

5. viscera

viscera Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2006
    No sorry, i made a multi-disc version of Resident Evil, if you take the disc out, and put it back in, it gives a message along the lines of "this isnt the resident evil disc, please put it in and close the cover"

HOWEVER.. this isn't when it asks for the second disc... i havent got that far yet [​IMG]

6. dsbomb

dsbomb GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2007
    United States
    Illinois, USA
    The only method that would work is if the game accepts you to save at the end of disc 1, power off, restart and pick disc 2 from the GCOS menu, load the save.

At this time that is the only way.