Homebrew Multi-disc games on PCSX ReARMed? (Retroarch 3DS issue)

OM3GAZX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi. My name is squat1115 and I have a small problem.
The thing is, I have downloaded a multi-disc game (using CHD format to save space) and I'm wondering if I can do something similar to a cue file (two discs, one file that lets you change between them).

If this can be done, how am I supposed to do that?
Thanks in advance.

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For multidisc games, you need to make an M3U playlist file, which is just a text file that has all the CHD files for a game listed on separate lines. Choose the M3U from the Retroarch loader and now you should see a disc management option in the quick menu that lets you swap between the CHD files when needed.

OM3GAZX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For multidisc games, you need to make an M3U playlist file, which is just a text file that has all the CHD files for a game listed on separate lines. Choose the M3U from the Retroarch loader and now you should see a disc management option in the quick menu that lets you swap between the CHD files when needed.
Thanks for the advice! Actually, I tried loading Chrono Cross by creating an M3U file (using Unicode encoding, by the way), like this:

Chrono Cross (USA) (Disc 1).chd
Chrono Cross (USA) (Disc 2).chd

However, everytime I try to load the new M3U file, it "fails to load content".
I'll provide my logs later (I'm writing this from my 3DS, and copying the logs manually would be a hassle, so when I have the time, I'll upload the logs from my computer).

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice! Actually, I tried loading Chrono Cross by creating an M3U file (using Unicode encoding, by the way), like this:

Chrono Cross (USA) (Disc 1).chd
Chrono Cross (USA) (Disc 2).chd

However, everytime I try to load the new M3U file, it "fails to load content".
I'll provide my logs later (I'm writing this from my 3DS, and copying the logs manually would be a hassle, so when I have the time, I'll upload the logs from my computer).
I just tested and can confirm that Unicode does not work. The M3U needs to be ASCII encoded.

I have not played Chrono Cross, but Policenauts and Driver 2 have worked for me using M3U playlists with ASCII text encoding.

Reactions: OM3GAZX

OM3GAZX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just tested and can confirm that Unicode does not work. The M3U needs to be ASCII encoded.

I have not played Chrono Cross, but Policenauts and Driver 2 have worked for me using M3U playlists with ASCII text encoding.
Aaaaand... It works!
I used ANSI encoding, as ASCII wasn't available.

Thanks a lot for the help!

If you are using .chd,go here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-pcsx-rearmed-multi-disc-what-to-do-for-ff7.569850/

Post #4
And read that.maybe that will help😀
I truly hope this will be helpful😀
The game from that post isn’t Chrono Cross,but the disc swapping is the same

Thanks for the help, too! I've seen this thread, thats where I learned (after posting this) how to make multi-disc games work properly.

Reactions: falconcrest

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.google.com/search?q=MSU+Genesis&rlz=1C1VDKB_enUS988US988&oq=MSU+Genesis&gs_lcrp=EgZja...