Mugen No Frontier Exceed : Super Robot Taisen Og Saga - Open Translation

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Eldinen, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Umaru_chan

Umaru_chan Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2019
    Australia
    Woooow! Been looking forward to this translation for a long time. I'm a huge fan of all these cross over games starting from Namco X Capcom on PS2! Please have all my support, translation team! I can't wait to play this on DS fully translated! (Also Kaguya best girl)

Last edited by Umaru_chan, Jun 16, 2019
    RyuukenZenkou likes this.
  2. RyuukenZenkou

RyuukenZenkou Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2018
    Chile
    good to know more news about the project. and yes, about that forced evasion.. good to know that is more balanced. it was too broken on the 1st game.
    and happy anniversary. waiting to test the patch on emulator and real hardware.

Last edited by RyuukenZenkou, Jun 21, 2019
  3. madmazda86

madmazda86 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Just 13 files left for the second review... This is still several thousand lines of dialogue to check through for grammar, spelling, characterisation and references to the first game or the franchises included within. These largely include the world map dialogue sections which are tougher going because each world map area file contains multiple, disjointed scenes.

But we're getting there! :) I spent last night fixing up some silly food innuendoes about Japanese apples, and drinking milk (remember that from the first game? XD)

I hope you guys will enjoy all the lovingly translated jokes/bitching about Kaguya's boobs or Suzuka, Kyon etc's lack thereof, cos hoo boy, they NEVER miss an opportunity XD

Last edited by madmazda86, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Warlordsander

Warlordsander Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    So hyped I really hope to play this soon without not understanding the game

5. KRVToffee

KRVToffee Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2019
    United States
    Awesome to hear that! The humor in the first one was definitely the biggest reason why it's such a unique experience from other DS games. Glad to see you guys give it the proper love and care that not even some professional localizers are willing to do!

6. gunfort

gunfort Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2016
    Indonesia
    Freakin' forced evasion. Remember that time when the enemy HP is only 1 hit left, the forced evasion happened and they trigger their special skill.

7. ShinGlacier

ShinGlacier Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2006
    yay! can't wait to play the translated game! thank you guys so much for your hard work over these 2 years! <3

8. jellotek

jellotek Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2019
    United States
    Man, for some reason this game popped into my head recently and boy am I stoked to find out someone has undertaken to translate this whole game! Can't wait for the release!

9. Trevor-Hobostein

Trevor-Hobostein Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2019
    United States
    Once done, can it be copied onto an SD card and played on the 3DS?

10. ValkyrieXY

ValkyrieXY Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2016
    France
    Thanks for your kind words dude B-)

- - - - -

Sorry, I don't know about this.

03mechanic_front01.

11. Warlordsander

Warlordsander Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    If you can emulate ds games on your 3ds then yes you should be able to play a patched version of the game,

12. Trevor-Hobostein

Trevor-Hobostein Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2019
    United States
    Thanks, I found out that an R4 card will work.

Warlordsander and RyuukenZenkou like this.
  13. RypaFire

RypaFire Member

Newcomer
    May 23, 2016
    Wow! Just wow! Hope this will be released soon.

Good job guys..

14. Eleveneleven

Eleveneleven Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2018
    United States
    The old noitora patch doesn't work on 3DS via SD card because the game requires the AP patch and the patching tool doesn't let you apply the translation patch and the AP both (in either order). Will this patch come bundled with AP so this will work on 3DSs without having to get an R4?

15. ramestre

ramestre Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2009
    Brazil
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    I've found my old login info just to say I fully support this project and have been following it for a long time.

I was one of the beta testers of Noitora's patch, so believe me when I say I really want you guys to succeed!

16. TheQuestioneer

TheQuestioneer Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2019
    Philippines
    Can this translated game work on the DraStic DS Emulator (Specifically, Android version)?

(I don't know if the Emulator's Version is relevant to this tho... )

17. awesomehero

awesomehero GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2010
    United States
    As long as you apply the patch to the ROM and Drastic supports the game (which it supports almost any game I throw at it) you should be fine.

18. GbaNober

GbaNober Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2016
    i played the patched version of fire emblem on drastic so i think it has a good chance that Mugen will be compatible too.

19. VolcanoY

VolcanoY Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2018
    Netherlands
    Yes it can. I played the english menu only patched version fine on drastic. I did however have a problem with the first endless frontier game with drastic where at some point in the game it would always freeze. But if if you went past that part on a different emu and ported your save it would never freeze again.

20. ValkyrieXY

ValkyrieXY Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2016
    France
    Thanks ! :rolleyes:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry, I don't know about this.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Oh OK awesome, nice to meet you !
    We are very grateful to you guys of course :lol: