callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
$90 for a battery? Why? :wtf:

Fair question. Ever flown international? Road trip? Visit a boring relative? Just gotten sick and tired of having to hang yourself on a wall every couple of hours?

If you never leave the house, and constantly stay plugged into a wall socket, then maybe this thing is not for you. If you are constantly on the go with your "portable" system, this may well be the best $90 you ever spent.

Reactions: cvskid

Septimo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, while I do see the need for an extended battery, I'd rather just carry around a portable power bank. These extended batterypacks are rather unsightly and hefty, I think.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
↑↑↑↑↑↑
The XL as it is from the factory is unsightly, hefty and not really portable, so... :)

As for why it's so expensive, it's because they wanted it to cost that much and there's no real competition.
Mugen Power's camera batteries are cheaper than the overpriced originals...

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
because its a big battery.

It's also a missed opportunity to make the MicroSD card slot easily accessible. A ribbon cable and a new slot on the replacement cover would convince a lot of people, for sure. As far as the bulkiness goes, I've got nothing against it, as long as it's the regular New 3DS and not the XL.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a shame they could have used this as an opportunity to make a proper length stylus (and position on the side where it should be) but instead opted to put it in the front still... I also wonder how heavy this will be

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
From Mariko
It's also a missed opportunity to make the MicroSD card slot easily accessible. A ribbon cable and a new slot on the replacement cover would convince a lot of people, for sure. As far as the bulkiness goes, I've got nothing against it, as long as it's the regular New 3DS and not the XL.

From Kohmei
It's a shame they could have used this as an opportunity to make a proper length stylus (and position on the side where it should be) but instead opted to put it in the front still... I also wonder how heavy this will be

Both excellent points! Think they aren´t gonna make extra ribbons and styluses though, as awesome as that would be!:bow:

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

maybe its different for other people, but in over 3 years, i only touched the sd card once. is that really so big a deal?

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
maybe its different for other people, but in over 3 years, i only touched the sd card once. is that really so big a deal?

It's definitely different for Gateway users, and users of homebrew or flash devices, that require the presence of certain files on the SD card. Since the Mugen people have basically made a replacement case while trying to integrate their humongous battery, they might have just as well made other additions, which in turn would increase the number of people interested in the product. Oh, a huge battery, and an easily accessible card slot? For $89? Heck ... why not!

Reactions: callmebob

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only problem with this is that the 3dsXL and N3dsXL use the same official replacement battery, so why not just use the same mugen battery and just allow us to order a backplate that fits that situation?
I know, I know, no competition, but it still irks me. I've got one of the old 3dsXLs with a mugen cell and am not looking forward to blowing another 100 USD or so for my coming N3dsXL.

But they do make the time away from the charger greatly increase...

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
My line of thoughts:

"Oh look, someone made a mugen homebrew, cool"
"Oh look, it will work on N3DS, sweet"
"PREORDERED? HOLY SHIT THIS IS REAL"
"*clicks the link* o-ohh..."

About the same

"Oh hey, MUGEN Homebrew"
"Preorder? Wait, how are they licensing a release? How will character releases work?"
*read other posts*
"Oh, it's not the mod thing."

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first it looked like it has a place to store a spare cartridge.
That would be perfect
One slot for my Gateway, the other for my Sky3DS. (or CN or OoT)

But then I watched the video and realized it's just a cutout below the cardslot.
What a missed opportunity for them...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu