Hardware Mugen extended battery: Yay or Nay?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TragicKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I'm looking at this post. I'm getting a n3ds xl. How long are the battery life's on them? With and without 3D enabled.

Kennerc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I once saw a video on YouTube where a ds went for seventeen hours turned on, in the comments the uploader said he was using one of those, so I recommend you search on YouTube.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Another point nobody has brought up is that it will be a major pain to get at your SD card. Is your system hacked? Will you be adding cias of large games to your SD in the future? You can of course add it wirelessly, which will take forever. But if you take out your SD, you'll have to take out the battery, which will reset your clock and calendar.

I have an extended battery on my O3DS, which has the SD access on the side, but not my N3DSXL for just this reason.

Gara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a lot of money for a battery but the people who have one seem to enjoy them. The battery and extended cover also act like a sort of grip for the system as well making it easier to hold but heavier.

An external battery with a usb cable is far more economical but if you just have to have a built in large battery there it is.

D

Deleted User

That battery is really expensive and if you really want some more playtime out of your device you are much better off going with an external battery bank with a 3DS usb cable which can both be gotten off of Amazon and will cheaper and possibly give you even more battery life.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i have NYKO extended battery for O3DS,and it make holding the O3DS much much better.
however for the 3DSXL i don't think it will make the device comfortable to hold.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China