Hacking MT-Card or Gateway, i don’t understand the difference between the 2 cards

what is better for me

• MT-Card

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Gateway

Votes: 70 87.5%

• Total voters

Esmax666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i don t need to play with the gome from the ehop
that means that i don t need a gateway, a MT card will be enough for me.
or it will be better for me to buy a Gateway to be sure to have the update in the future?
At eachmall the price for me MT cart is US$53.99, is that correct ?

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i don t need to play with the gome from the ehop
that means that i don t need a gateway, a MT card will be enough for me.
or it will be better for me to buy a Gateway to be sure to have the update in the future?
At eachmall the price for me MT cart is US$53.99, is that correct ?

You made a poll, 50 votes for Gateway and only 8 for MT card. You have your answer, now stop making pointless posts and if you have anymore questions, there's a search button that will answer your questions for you.

Reactions: Schizoanalysis

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You made a poll, 50 votes for Gateway and only 8 for MT card. You have your answer, now stop making pointless posts and if you have anymore questions, there's a search button that will answer your questions for you.

+1

Why even make a poll if you were only going to blatantly ignore the responses and buy the cheapest card anyway?

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do your own research and decide which card you believe is best, most opinions are just "buy what I bought so we can be in a gang together" ..... Not about which is better for the user
You're right. Most users own only one card and advise that one. Here is a chart to compare all cards: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_Flashcart_Comparison.
Just as a question: Which ripp-off clones exist from MT-Card?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think there is any, not that I have seen anyway
I cleaned up that wiki a little too, speculated updates should not be put on the wiki, also changed the "CPU" to "FPGA Upgradable" since they all have a FPGA but only 2 which can update it

jackddd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do your own research and decide which card you believe is best, most opinions are just "buy what I bought so we can be in a gang together" ..... Not about which is better for the user

A gang? If anything it's so that Gateway can justify to continue to push out updates we wouldn't be getting from any of the clone cards without them. With how Gateway bricked people running modified launchers, I'd be afraid of them figuring out how to brick anybody using a clone cart. Gateway is just the safe and obvious bet..

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A gang? If anything it's so that Gateway can justify to continue to push out updates we wouldn't be getting from any of the clone cards without them. With how Gateway bricked people running modified launchers, I'd be afraid of them figuring out how to brick anybody using a clone cart. Gateway is just the safe and obvious bet..
MT made Multi-ROM, Direct save backup and NAND saving alone. I won't say that that's nothing.
Gateway already bricked their own people, so they are not really save. It's probably more safe to use a modified launcher which got tested deeply that it doesn't contain any bricking code any more.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
no i personally prefer gateway and believe that it is the best card available, but saying that i haven't even used a MT card imho gateway does seem the better option, but then again the OP might have a broken select button on his 3ds....who knows :rofl2:......or maybe the button count is thier main feature they are looking for, all i was saying is nobody can tell the OP what card is best for them, thats for them to decide.....this thread was bordeline MT vs Gateway....which isn't really helpful, if anything let the poll do the talking for customer satisfaction ;)

in the end for all we know the OP might only ever want to play older games and has zero interest in multi-rom,new releases or new features, in which case one of the first clones would be sufficient :P

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually Gateway still does not use game saves to microSD as they are still saving to 3DS SD, although now it is a direct read/write instead of the way they did it prior. MT is also using a direct read/write but as you said goes to flash card microSD. In some ways I think that is superior as then if you have multiple 3DSs your saves move with the card the games are on.

I think they are both valid choices but Gateway has earned my loyalty (even though I later purchased an MT). Gateway is boss and if you think of how far the product has come since launch and apparently they aren't done it just makes me hope people do support them because hopefully if they keep getting $$$, we keep getting new features developed. Best $75 I have spent in years!

jackddd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In some ways I think that is superior as then if you have multiple 3DSs your saves move with the card the games are on.

But doesn't that mean you can't share a microSD of games with someone else without them piggy-backing your save files as well? Seems like the more likely scenario to jumping between multiple 3DSs I'd imagine.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
tbh the sharing a gateway card is a bit more of a common set up than each person having 2 3ds's....but i suppose its another case for "choose what is best for your situation"

jackddd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? One 3DS XL for home and one normal 3DS for traveling.

Because it would not only require the need to switch from one's XL to a regular just for the sake of traveling (I'd personally just bring the XL), but also requires owning two separate 3DSs dedicated to running these carts (on a hackable firmware, I personally have a second, but it's up-to-date for eShop access). In exchange for that convenience (for however large a subset) it completely kills the ability to share a microSD of games (and the gateway) between two people, which is an expense of around $100 saved when applicable.

Granted I don't know if it's possible to use one SD in multiple 3DSs, if that were the case wouldn't you be able to transfer the save files between them that way? (by swapping out the gateway and SD) Unsure, but if so, that convenience is even more minor.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Because it would not only require the need to switch from one's XL to a regular just for the sake of traveling (I'd personally just bring the XL), but also requires owning two separate 3DSs dedicated to running these carts (on a hackable <4.55 firmware, I personally have a second, but it's up-to-date for eShop access). In exchange for that convenience (for however large a subset) it completely kills the ability to share a microSD of games (and the gateway) between two people, which is an expense of around $100 saved when applicable.

Granted I don't know if it's possible to use one SD in multiple 3DSs, if that were the case wouldn't you be able to transfer the save files between them that way? (by swapping out the gateway and SD) Unsure, but if so, that convenience is even more minor.
if you have emunand set up its console specific so you cant transfer the big SD between consoles without wiping it first

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum