Hacking MT card newbie bellend question(s)?

Benfica2076

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, a little help would be much appreciated to a novice who's never hacked anything in his life!

I've managed to get hold of a 3ds on firmware is 4.5.0-6E with an MT card, not sure if the MT card was ever installed on it as the seller is not answering any of my questions WTF!

My first question is: I follow every step upto installing mt installer on the blue card and confirms mt installed fine, put launcher.dat on ds card, all good. But where I fall down is when you go to ds profile it crashes and advises to power off aaahhhhhh any ideas?

My other question is will the mt card work on this firmware, not sure what 0-6e is?
Might be a bit late as I've already tried installing the my card lol

Cheers and thanks in advance

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
There is a chance that your 3DS isn't truly FW 4.5

It's possible that it was updating and was shut off halfway.

Take some screenshots of your MT installer installing, entering DS profile, and your 3DS home page.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. The launcher.dat should go in the big SD card, and you should be using the 3DS card after installing the exploit (the "installer," as you referred to it), not the DS card.
2. The "6-E" part of the firmware should not be used as a determining factor for firmware compatibility, it simply refers to your eShop version and region of the firmware respectively.
3. You should not contact your reseller for troubleshooting specific products. Instead, go to the product manufacturer's (MT-Card's, in this case) website, get their support e-mail address and contact them directly.

Benfica2076

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers queno138, now you've made me shit myself I'll take a couple on pictures and post.

If that is the case (I hope not) will the mt card be redundant or can I upgrade the firmware to say 4.5.0-10e for example?

Reactions: Shadowhunta

Shadowhunta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if your 3DS homepage has the Miiverse icon, thats a surefire sign it was partially updated and thus might not be able to run GW/MT cards.
A factory reset *might* clear the cache and hopefully the partial update files too.

screenshot-homescreen.png

Reactions: Queno138

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that is the case (I hope not) will the mt card be redundant or can I upgrade the firmware to say 4.5.0-10e for example?

To my knowledge, you cannot update your system's firmware to specific eShop versions (that's what the "-10E" part of your post is referring to) unless that's the exact update version that was included in a retail cart you can use. In other words, you have two options for updating:

1. Update to the latest available firmware (8.0 currently, which will kill your ability to run MT-Card completely), or
2. Use 3ds.essh.co to find games based on firmware, find a physical cart of that game, and use its popup prompts to update your firmware with the wireless on your 3DS turned OFF

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the terrible part about this is I seem to be reading the same story with a few members these days on GBATemp that have been in this situation!. So sad to think there are people out there that are prepared to rip others off by claiming its genuinely on 4.5.0 just to get there money back because they have made the cock up themselves by updating accidentally! I feel for you :(

Benfica2076

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers guys, tried factory reset.. No cigar.

Fingers crossed the seller finally replied and agreed refund, not holding my breath to be honest.

Anyway to tell which 3ds's are genuine with 4.5?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
not really, even the miiverse icon isn't a 100% guarentee, as the console can be partially updated to 5.x or 6.x which had no visual differences from the 4.x firmware, only true 100% way to know is to either get the console new, or have the seller show you it on the gateway/MT menu screen
did you happen to pay via paypal, if so open a case against the seller, worth a shot

Benfica2076

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No cash, meeting me tomorrow evening.

Who knows the human species sometimes do surprise me, he may prove me wrong.

I found 1 on fleebay, seller claims new 2000+ rating 100% even so how can I tell?

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you bought your 3DS on Ebay, who was the seller? I just bought one from there, and am hoping it works as planned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr