Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyrider

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hope you guys don't mind, wanted to make a separated thread regarding this seeing there is none with the actual 'release' of it.

So it appears that the MT-Card has their files released. If anyone is having the card, did they had the chance to test it out yet? I've read in another thread using MT-card's features on the Gateway doesn't really work, though that's expected in my opinion.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
All we have so far is Devin testing it with the GW flash cart. It seems MT was fully intent on being the first team to have multi-rom up and running. So much so that they left out any other functionality, which is all marked as "coming soon." Wonder when they're going to give out any further info on their next update.

Skyrider

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
All we have so far is Devin testing it with the GW flash cart. It seems MT was fully intent on being the first team to have multi-rom up and running. So much so that they left out any other functionality, which is all marked as "coming soon." Wonder when they're going to give out any further info on their next update.

That's actually a shame. Though the Multi-rom is a gimmick and fancy to have, I'd prefer fixes / improvements more.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The firmware is very fast compared to Gateway. It boots to game mode much quicker and the options scroll quickly much like Wood.
I can't test the card itself but I like what I see so far.
I would hope so given that there's nothing to it right now. Only time will tell if reading/writing for additional functionality will slow it down or if the built-in CPU is enough to keep it performing on the same level.

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do we know yet from Devin or whoever that the files would work on a gateway?

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. I see it now.

Razorbacktrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In the blue card cangelog you can read:

compatibility:
- 'smurfs 2, the (europe)' fixed.
- 'smurfs 2, the (usa)' fixed.

r4i specific:
- fixed sound restoring in many games.
c
But it's false,the real version is 1.56 because it's the same firmware as the gateway blue card (I tested it using the gateway card)

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't really believe mt-card for multirom or that it excist.
First seeing then believing. The logo is stupid anyways.
Or it is like they will wait for Gateway and copy them over.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are shops in the EU already selling it, you can see the stock going down per minute....so I guess its out in the wild by now, not only samples.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really believe mt-card for multirom or that it excist.
First seeing then believing. The logo is stupid anyways.

Or it is like they will wait for Gateway and copy them over.

From what people have said, Multi-ROM is the ONLY thing that it currently supports aside from exiting to the home screen.
There are shops in the EU already selling it, you can see the stock going down per minute....so I guess its out in the wild by now, not only samples.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure today was the official release day, hence the FW being available now.

D

Deleted User

It just shows that the cloners are trying to use every dirty trick they know to get users to buy their crap.

3DSLink = R4i = Orange3DS = MT card, they all the same team

Commoner

Trophies
XP
Country
It just shows that the cloners are trying to use every dirty trick they know to get users to buy their crap.

3DSLink = R4i = Orange3DS = MT card, they all the same team

Assuming that the allegation that the poster who was promoting mt-card was really using an email used to advertise for r4i deluxe gold, that is pretty damning evidence that the people behind MT-Card and r4i deluxe gold are the same and are not being very upfront with their customers. However, that in no way really links them to 3dslink and orange3ds.

The speculation behind that, as far as I know, is based solely on the fact that their carts are identical apart from the stickers on the carts. This is more of circumstantial evidence. It could be possible that the manufacturing of the carts was outsourced and the contractor sold overruns or simply accepted orders for the exact same cards to other groups.

I don't really see any reason for r4i to sell the exact same product under different brands unless they were perhaps selectively selling their other brands at lower prices to certain segments of the market who would be unwilling to buy for any higher price. So far there is no evidence supporting this kind of theory so I am inclined to believe that 3dslink and orange3ds are separate groups who somehow managed to procure identical carts either from an industrial subcontractor or possibly at a discount for a bulk purchase from r4i themselves on an agreement that they would sell them under a different brand name.

zecoxao

Trophies
XP
Country
for those of you interested in the crypto differences between the gateway and the mt-card, check mathieulh's twitter. you can find plenty relevant info there

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Assuming that the allegation that the poster who was promoting mt-card was really using an email used to advertise for r4i deluxe gold, that is pretty damning evidence that the people behind MT-Card and r4i deluxe gold are the same and are not being very upfront with their customers. However, that in no way really links them to 3dslink and orange3ds.

The speculation behind that, as far as I know, is based solely on the fact that their carts are identical apart from the stickers on the carts. This is more of circumstantial evidence. It could be possible that the manufacturing of the carts was outsourced and the contractor sold overruns or simply accepted orders for the exact same cards to other groups.

I don't really see any reason for r4i to sell the exact same product under different brands unless they were perhaps selectively selling their other brands at lower prices to certain segments of the market who would be unwilling to buy for any higher price. So far there is no evidence supporting this kind of theory so I am inclined to believe that 3dslink and orange3ds are separate groups who somehow managed to procure identical carts either from an industrial subcontractor or possibly at a discount for a bulk purchase from r4i themselves on an agreement that they would sell them under a different brand name.
They release their updates usually the same time.

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
MT card Launcher.dat uses the same key, addresses and headers for all the obfuscation stages as gateway and 3DSLink ones so they copied at least that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended