Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
msxDS v0.87
Update
msxDS.png

The NDS MSX emulator has received an update. Please see the change log for more information.

Change Log said:
• Updated Carts.crc file for several megarom from Spain (CAS converted to ROM), etc.
• The LED of CAP and Kana keys are now truly emulated.
• Mouse Emulation.
• F2,F3 Key mapping to L,R trigger for Metal Gear. (ROM versions only.)
• Using the Z80 emulation source code of fMSX v.3.51.
• Z80 emulation code optimization.
• Fixed bug of color 0 in the save state.
• User's manual to PDF.

Special thanks to Vato via IRC for the news!

download.gif
 Download
icon11.gif
 Homepage

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what am I doing wrong here? I can't get this to go. I have all those BIOS files it wanted in the folder in the root of the SD, I put a bunch of ROMs in there too. It lets me select a ROM, but when I hit the power button (which is what I assume you have to do to play a game), it scrolls a few lines of text (Load CMOS.ROM OK, etc) and hangs at "LoadROM Start" and appears frozen until I reboot the system. Does this with EVERY game I try to boot. I tried DLDI patching the msxDS.nds file (even though CycloDS auto-DLDI patches homebrew) and that made no difference.

Is there a file limit to how many games you can put in the folder? Am I hitting the wrong buttons in the homebrew's menu to start a game? (I select a ROM with the "ROM1" button, then hit the power button. Isn't that all I need to do?) What?! Am I supposed to be loading something in ROM2 also? I don't get it.

Using a CycloDS 1.60. Maybe I should try the R4? Does Wood Firmware auto-DLDI patch homebrew? Maybe there's something about 1.60 CycloDS FW the program doesn't like?

EDIT: OK I go it going.....apparently the kanjidrv.rom I had was corrupted or not the right one or something. All working now. Seems nice.

supercarte

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Rayder said:
OK I go it going.....apparently the kanjidrv.rom I had was corrupted or not the right one or something. All working now. Seems nice..
Please read the manual on how to check the crc32

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supercarte said:
Rayder said:
OK I go it going.....apparently the kanjidrv.rom I had was corrupted or not the right one or something. All working now. Seems nice..
Please read the manual on how to check the crc32..

Yeah, I knew I could check CRC's, but I was just too lazy to check them. Been pretty busy with getting moved and settled into our new house, and when I'm done with that for the day, I'm pretty wore out when I'm browsing the web.......damn tired now.

At any rate, it's all good now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all