OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

QUOTE said:
Modern Warfare 2 and it's blockbuster sales are all over the mainstream news this week. And who's there to walk them through the game, and the inevitable backlash? Our very own Stephen Totilo.

Spoilers ahoy, but still worth watching Totilo face off against two non-gamers and hold his own while raising some interesting points.

Oh, and he totally plugs the Kotaku Game Club so now you're ALL famous!
Source

They actually got someone from a incredibly famous gaming blog!
Unlike the fuck from slashgear.com who was on Fox News...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slow news day, I guess. They can only milk the Fort Hood shooting to oh-so-many days.

Not to talk bad about Fort Hood, it's just that news networks see bad news as good news. If you can spend 3 days on one news story, you've hit a good spot of news.

Anyway, who cares? I don't see MadWorld getting fame on MSNBC because you're able to slice people in half with a chainsaw. Sheesh.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Slow news day, I guess. They can only milk the Fort Hood shooting to oh-so-many days.

Not to talk bad about Fort Hood, it's just that news networks see bad news as good news. If you can spend 3 days on one news story, you've hit a good spot of news.

Anyway, who cares? I don't see MadWorld getting fame on MSNBC because you're able to slice people in half with a chainsaw. Sheesh.

Hello!?!? McGuild, you should already know this is all a publicity stunt. Why didn't they complain about Splinter Cell: Rogue Agent which deals with you working with the terrorist on personal levels or work for your boss? This is all a 'publicity' stunt no one wins but the media themselves.

Velveteer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canonbeat234 said:
This is all a 'publicity' stunt no one wins but the media themselves.
...and the game publishers. Anyone that would offended by the game's violence and terrorist aspects wouldn't consider the game anyway, but it might just give the game a little more publicity so that last quarter of the planet will buy it.

At the end of the day, complaints about the content of games always fall on the wrong ears. Either people will hate the game to begin with (e.g. over-protective parents) or they really don't give a shit and will be more inclined to play the game just to piss off the overly-conservative people that feel they need to blame sex, drugs, violence, crime, communism, terrorism, bullying and whatever the fuck else they can't solve on the world of video games.

[/rant]

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I find the game itself overrated.
Plenty of other shooters out there that're just as good, if not better than this game.

I do REALLY enjoy the story however. (:

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Hello!?!? McGuild, you should already know this is all a publicity stunt. Why didn't they complain about Splinter Cell: Rogue Agent which deals with you working with the terrorist on personal levels or work for your boss? This is all a 'publicity' stunt no one wins but the media themselves.

Lol, you realize that this wouldn't even be on the news if something important was happening. Maybe if health care was actually exciting or there was a big break on the Fort Hood shooter, but otherwise they're like "Eh, fuck it, let's look at terrorists killing people".

And this was a terrible publicity stunt. If Australia bans MW2 (which they were thinking about/already did, right?), there goes a bunch of your sales. Well, Australia is mainly dirty pirates and kangaroos anyway
wink.gif

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Urza said:
>incredibly famous
>gaming blog
>Kotaku
QUOTE(B-Blue @ Nov 14 2009, 07:37 PM) You obviously don't know anything about Kotaku. They're THE worst gaming blog ever!
What the hell do you mean?
I mean, how they diss flashcarts is retarded, but what about the news and reviews?

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Guild McCommunist said:
Well, Australia is mainly dirty pirates and kangaroos anyway
wink.gif
i shower :<

and unless you live in rural areas, you can go your whole life without seeing a kangaroo...

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
Vidboy10 said:
I mean, how they diss flashcarts is retarded, but what about the news and reviews?

90% of their news are copypasta. Seriously, they should rename it to copypasta blog.

Also, try talking about how to flash the 360 and see what happens.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guild McCommunist said:
Canonbeat234 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Lol, you realize that this wouldn't even be on the news if something important was happening. Maybe if health care was actually exciting or there was a big break on the Fort Hood shooter, but otherwise they're like "Eh, fuck it, let's look at terrorists killing people".

And this was a terrible publicity stunt. If Australia bans MW2 (which they were thinking about/already did, right?), there goes a bunch of your sales. Well, Australia is mainly dirty pirates and kangaroos anyway
wink.gif

you got me thinking for MW2 in Russia
why it got banned on consoles
wink.gif

i've seen 90% of the piracy commerce were from Russia
and the other 10% from the rest
Short Said....Russia would outpwn Australia with Piracy
wink.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B-Blue said:
Vidboy10 said:

90% of their news are copypasta. Seriously, they should rename it to copypasta blog.
This is basically Gawker media's business plan.

Grep as much shit as possible from all the other news sources, add a sentence or two of "witty" attire, and watch as the ignorant masses eat it up like neuropoison.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c