Hardware MSI GT75 Expanding Storage Questions

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I have an MSI GT75 Laptop, that currently has about 6.5TB of total storage spread across 4 SSD's:

1x 500GB SSD
1x 4TB SSD
2x 1TB SSD (m2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus)

With my pending Stimulus Check, I am thinking about getting 2 2TB m2 SSD's, and have been looking at the following for that:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...ith-v-nand-technology/6347286.p?skuId=6347286

I would be replacing the 2x 1TB SSD's with 2x 2TB SSD's.
I have a few questions before I proceed:

1. Does the 2TB m2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD have the same size dimensions as the 1TB m2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD, just with larger storage capacity? I would be ordering 2 of them online, as they are not available in my local Best Buy Store.

2. I primarily use my Laptop for games. Instead of dealing with moving around games and uninstalling/re-installing them, would it be better and easier to just do a System Reformat? If yes, I would do that before installing the SSD's.

Thoughts and help greatly appreciated :)

megazoid2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

As far as i can see from Samsung website the physical size is the same for the drive, i would also consider looking at Samsung data migration software free from Samsung, you could remove 1 x 1TB drive put the 2Tb drive in and migrate the data from the 1 TB then swap them both out and do the same for the other drives, Just make sure the when the 2 x 2TB drive are back in the machine they have the same drive letter as a the previous 1Tb drives or steam and shortcuts wont work.

Regards

Megazoid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a