[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Snake's list of mortal enemies appears to have gotten a bit longer, as the latest issue of Famitsu reveals that upcoming PSP game Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker will feature a surprise crossover that we certainly didn't see coming.

According to early details from the Japanese magazine, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker will feature beasts and bosses from the Monster Hunter series. That's right, Snake and his fellow cooperative Snakes will be taking down giant Wyverns like the Tigrex and lesser creatures like Velocriprey in addition to attack helicopters.

Looks like Monster Hunter mascot Felyne will also make a cameo in Kojima Productions new Metal Gear game, with Snake cooking up some trademark monster meat-on-bone for sustenance.

This would hardly be Metal Gear's first cross-company mash up. Solid Snake appeared in Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Sony's Ape Escape characters appeared in Metal Gear Solid 3, and Capcom and Konami have collaborated before with Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django, which can be linked up with a Mega Man Battle Network 5 on the Game Boy Advance.

Expect more details following the Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker event in Tokyo today.

500x_snake_vs_monster.jpg

source
http://kotaku.com/5511159/metal-gear-solid...onster-surprise

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dosent that kinda ruin the war espionage aspect of it all? I mean fighting weird mutants is stupid in a espionage game...

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
come on... that's just silly and what's next? He will cross over with resident evil/silent hill... or what... snake jacked into a terminal and he met megaman and now his goal is to hijack the megaman series and strike one more more game to hijack off his list of games to do crossover with?

Well, since it's real, i hope that there's a decent unlockable if you have a monster hunter save in your psp or that playing this unlock something in monster hunter to make it all worthwhile or at least have a cool costume or something.

Sometimes i just feel that MSG is starting to get well overrated than it should be.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And if you were wondering, this isn't the only "tie-in" in the game.

You can do Assassin's Creed-style "leaps of faith" into bales of hay, sneak up on enemies in the bale, and pull them into it. Thought that was an April Fool's joke? It's not.

There's in-game products from stuff like Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Doritos, Axe body spray, Sony's Walkman, Uniqlo (a Japanese clothing outlet), as well as Japanese game and manga magazines. You can also buy items from Mountain Dew, Pepsi, Axe, and Uniqlo for in-game stuff (obviously Uniqlo will be changed for America). There's also gonna be a Peace Walker themed Walkman.

This whole game now just seems like "Metal Gear Solid: Advertise Here!" or "Metal Gear Tie-In". The series already had a ton of wacky stuff, this shit just seems exactly that: shit.

My enthusiasm for the game has gone down significantly. They're just throwing in a bunch of random, useless tie-ins and product placements.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like Monster Hunter, and I was looking forward to MGS: PW, now this? Will he infiltrate the Mushroom Kingdom next?
dry.gif

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
This would hardly be Metal Gear's first cross-company mash up. Solid Snake appeared in Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Sony's Ape Escape characters appeared in Metal Gear Solid 3, and Capcom and Konami have collaborated before with Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django, which can be linked up with a Mega Man Battle Network 5 on the Game Boy Advance.

SSBB was good, and same with MMBN5, but....no. From now on, I'll stick to Prinny, with Asagi crossing over.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Snake fights terrorists not giant monsters. Oh god Pepsi and other companies collaborating this is going to be another Phantasy Star Portable 2 except with unfitting elements. This is becoming an advertisement vehicle disguised as a quality game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over