Ms Simply not going past the loading screen!

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Antihero2007, May 10, 2007.

May 10, 2007
  1. Antihero2007
    OP

Member Antihero2007 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I turned on some action replay codes for animal crossing and tried to load the game but the screen went white and now I can't get past the loading screen and I can't even get into the Mirco SD card on my PC. Does anyone know whats going on how do I fix this?

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Sounds like the card got corrupted. Reformat it.

3. Antihero2007
    OP

United Kingdom
    How do I do that?

4. Destructobot

United States
    Assuming you're using windows, connect it to the PC, right click on it, and click "format". Format as either FAT or FAT32, it doesn't make much difference.

This will delete any data that is still on the card, so I hope you have backups of your saves.

5. Antihero2007
    OP

United Kingdom
    is there another way around when I right click on the drive it just keeps loading I can't do anything with the drive when the cards in it.

6. Destructobot

United States
    Run diskmgmt.msc (start -> run -> type it in and press enter) and try it from there.

7. Antihero2007
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ok tried that aswell didn't work I think it maybe a lost cause I have back ups for something not all but the things I don't have I don't really care about anyway. I suppose I should be glad that it was the cheapest thing that was damaged not the DS or the M3 Simply.

Thanks for your help if you can think of anything else that might work I'll give it a go I won't be able to get a new card for a few days anyway.

8. Destructobot

United States
    The only other thing I can think of is to try formatting it with a camera or a cellphone, if you have access to one that uses SD or microSD cards.

edit: I suppose it's possible that you might be able to format it with a different card reader.

9. iamwhoiam

Member iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

United Kingdom
    Hang on, AR codes for animal crossing don't work?

10. Antihero2007
    OP

United Kingdom
    I'm not sure what happened I turned a few codes on and then started the game and the screen went white. The annoying thing is I don't like Animal Crossing all that much (I like the idea but I don't have the desire to play) and I didn't really have much interest in the codes I was just playing around. One things for sure though I won't be using the AR codes unless I put them in myself and I really want them for that game.

I'll try putting the card into my camera but I don't think it uses the same type of card.

11. iamwhoiam

Member iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

United Kingdom
    Well read my FAQ in my signature, the animal crossing codes don't work because it has a different mastercode than the usual.

12. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    when you take the card out of the ds or the pc is it really really hot?
    formating the card ain't gonna fix this by the sound of it

13. TheSpade

Member TheSpade GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've seen the "Loading..." freeze mentioned lately. In all cases, users have reported to have replaced their flash cards. Presently, there is no known cause or remedy.

14. seetheviz

Newcomer seetheviz Newbie

United States
    Before any paranoiac frenzy starts up, can we say that cause and effect are not established by this happening to multiple people? Maybe the M3 is killing flash cards and then crashing because of it, or maybe flash cards are dying, and white screens are the M3's graceless way of handling the error. Can people that have had this happen list their flash brand/size and where they got it (reputable dealer vs Ebay, etc.)? Lotta crappy flash out there, besides the random failures that always occur in electronics. More info, please!
    Thanks.

15. suppachipmunk

Member suppachipmunk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This happened to me when I purchased an M3 Simply from ModChipStore.com. I played the M3 one time, then I got the "Loading..." screen of death! The Sd card seemed to be fine. I was able to reformat it and access the files. It was a Kingston 1GB (Taiwan) from Newegg. I had to send the M3 back, then bought an R4 from DealExtreme. Works good.

Hope this helps with some details.
    Good luck.

16. Antihero2007
    OP

United Kingdom
    Mines an integral 1gb card I got the cheapest one I could find not sure what the website was I'll look it up and post it later.

17. Antihero2007
    OP

United Kingdom
  18. Wils

Newcomer Wils Member

United Kingdom
    This has just happened to my gf's card as well, which I'm attempting to at least save some files from right now using Data Doctor (she's about to get a talking to about backing things up as well). [​IMG]

It was fine until she put it in the card reader to put another game on, and it just locked up and now has bad sectors. Can't format, get CHKDSK to run on it or the disk management tools to even read from it, so I'm now assuming the card's well and truely borked. I think rather than the Simply frying it, it's the chirpy chirpy cheap cheap card reader that came packaged with it, so I'm going to get a new card *and* new card reader to see if that helps remedy this happening again.

19. 111111111

Member 111111111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Zimbabwe
    Not quite all - sometimes it's a microsd card problem, in which case changing just that fixes it.