Gaming MS Office

rscarrab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My Office2007 just locked me out last night. The trial period kicked back in and by the looks of it, it's quite a messy job getting back around it.

I've got 2 different "DVD's" of office2007 waiting to be installed. Should i "recycle" them and acquire office 2003 instead? I don't really care about how up-to-date it is... i actually prefer the 2003 interface.

[to anyone who knows straight away what im talking about, than please bear in mind those 2 registry keys in -> H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\12.0\Registration\{91120000-002E-000...} aren't there to be deleted. I think microsoft copped that one?]

Help, or this could be me:
"no more regedit... i cant take it anymore! Fucking regedit. Modify binary data? eh... what? Okay okay... You win Microsoft... here! take my money... please just make it stop!!!"

rscarrab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
da_head said:
y don't u just "acquire" office 2007 online? it's pretty damn easy.

I did acquire it online.....

or am i missing something here and you literally mean "office 2007 online"?

EDIT:
obviously you don't.
I already had a fully registered copy of office 2007 working on this PC, now its reverted back to trial. It was fixed and working fine.

The crux of my curiosity is whether i should go for office 2003 because since it's an older release there's been more time for someone to create a solid work-around to activation/registration.

Or maybe there's a chance some punter out there has had the same problem with 2007 --but found a solution-- and in that case ill prob go ahead and stick with office 2007.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
is the any reason you can't just use open office instead? I have both, and prefer OO. I only ever open M$O if I need one of my macro'ed power point presentations (which is, about once a year)... but yeah, for most people open office is much, much better IMO.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UltraMagnus said:
is the any reason you can't just use open office instead? I have both, and prefer OO. I only ever open M$O if I need one of my macro'ed power point presentations (which is, about once a year)... but yeah, for most people open office is much, much better IMO.
Bloatware and compatibility issues with Word.

rscarrab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
okay... im listening.
Never really gave 2 shits about office up until about a year ago, now i NEED it. Ill check out open office and hopefully ill find boatloads of reasons to switch from M$. Im always looking...
wink2.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
UltraMagnus said:

Unfortunately this is the case with open office, anyway if i were you go for office 2003, i mean if you prefer it then why not. To be honest i never got used to office 07, the only reason why i have it is that it came with my Vista Ultimate (maybe thw worst OS i have ever used, but i kind of need it for gaming), anyway go for word 2003

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
UltraMagnus said:

Wow, do you have any idea what you're talking about, or are you a blind MS fanboy?

Back in the days when I supported MS products, I frequently used OO to repair MS Office files. I think that speaks for itself. Now I only use OO anyway.

Try it - it's free and you might like it. It can peacefully coexist with MS Office, so no risk is involved.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Strider said:
DeMoN said:
UltraMagnus said:

Wow, do you have any idea what you're talking about, or are you a blind MS fanboy?

Back in the days when I supported MS products, I frequently used OO to repair MS Office files. I think that speaks for itself. Now I only use OO anyway.

Try it - it's free and you might like it. It can peacefully coexist with MS Office, so no risk is involved.

amen to that, it is no more bloated than M$O, it just seems to take longer to load because M$O loads most of its components ("quickstarter") at computer startup, which the is an option to do with OOo if you want that sort of bloatware.

and the only file compatibility problems i have had, have been that macro's cannot be moved between M$O and OOo, well, and sometimes things look a little different.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2: