Mr. Sakurai might consider adding Reggie to Super Smash Bros. if 100,000 fans sign the petition!

Would you like to see Reggie featured in the next Super Smash Bros game?

• Total voters

RHOPKINS13

Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DKHYzEAMCbzrjyM-556x313-noPad.jpg

Reggie has stated that if the partition to make him a character in Super Smash Bros. reaches 100,000 signatures, Mr. Sakurai might consider adding him! He also has said that his Final Smash would be "MY BODY IS READY SLAM".

Subik Cookies (Petition Organizer) said:
During his #ImWithReggie takeover of Nintendo of America's Twitter account, Reggie revealed that if he becomes a playable character in the upcoming Smash Bros, his Final Smash would be "MY BODY IS READY SLAM".
More importantly, although it might have just been a joke, the Regginator said that Masahiro Sakurai might consider adding him to the game if this petition gets 100,000 signatures from fans.
That's our goal! There's a long way to go, but it's worth a shot if we want Reggie kickin' ass and takin' names in the next Smash Bros games. Don't forget to share the petition!

Sources:
Petition on Change.org
Reggie's Twitter Post
Twitter Post from Holly Bowen

Reactions: Kippykip and Celice

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Not funny joke

Dude, this forum is no place for stuff like that.

On topic: It will just be his Mii-version as an alternate costume for the mii character in smash bros, easy to do as a little easter egg but without ruining the game. I hope it does happen in all honesty, it would be hilarious!

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
God, this is true?

Signing, OP, fix the links, too many codes and don't works directly.

Thanks for info ^^

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I pass this Smash bros, better stick with Melee, is the last without annoying joke characters.
why not use those precious slots on better characters??? Issac, Felix and Matthew from Golden Sun for example, and maybe a 3rd gen Pokemon trainer.
*cough* Pichu *cough* Jigglypuff cough*

Smash bros has always had silly characters. And people need to stop lieing to themselves about Melee being perfect. It was good yes, but Brawl was just as good if not better

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Smash bros has always had silly characters. And people need to stop lieing to themselves about Melee being prefect. It was good yes, but Brawl was just as good if not better

Stock Brawl was terrible for the competitive player. Hopefully Project M changes that.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile

Smash bros has always had silly characters. And people need to stop lieing to themselves about Melee being perfect. It was good yes, but Brawl was just as good if not better

the keyword is annoying. Pichu was almost the only joke character, he is a weak version of Pikachu with sightly a variation on some attacks, he harm itself when use electric attacks, and none of his attacks are annoying or lethal. Jigglypuff stopped being a joke character on Melee, her attacks have the same strength as other characters and the lethal rest move is booster but still very risky to use it freely or become annoying.
on Brawl even proper characters are annoying, Metaknight anyone???

still I find Brawl more accessible to everyone which is a good thing, but becomes ridiculous when I can compete with pros if I got serious with Ness or Pikachu even when I play Brawl here and there and only against CPU lvl9 or my nephew that was 9 when I used to play more actively.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh please let it be true: I'll sign it with all thirteen of my alternate psychological identities. :D
Oh my gosh. We should totally raise money in addition to signing this petition. We should do this for ANY petition that we send to Nintendo. It's about time we showed Nintendo just how hardcore their fans are. Nintendo is where the money's at; we've just been ignoring it for years. Our vision has been dimmed somehow, and it's not just because of the Wii and the shovelware on it. It's a deeper, psychological based feeling... Look inside yourself to reveal just how much you love them... (It's wayyyy to early in the morning to be babbling like this...)
As some have stated, this would be only an easter egg or a simple extra, I don't think it will affect the character rooster in any way. For example, let's say the game will have 40 characters: but, Reggie would tip the balance to make 41. Only a little extra, it's not like he will be occupying another possible character place.
Is there something wrong with having additional characters in a fighting game? I realize it's impractical to put the people from 300 (the movie) into a fighting game, but one extra character? It's almost complaining that putting p1ngpong in the game would be a waste of time. Except Reggie is way more popular than p1ngpong (as compared to the world vs. this site).
Would be nice as an easter egg/DLC. Not as a separate char though, in which case would just be dumb.
You can download Reggie Fils-Aime as a playable character? Where do I sign up? And while they're at it, why don't they release a "Nintendo Executives" DLC pack featuring fan favorites like Shigeru Miyamoto, Charles Martinet, and Koji Kondo? :D This is awesome on so many levels.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As some have stated, this would be only an easter egg or a simple extra, I don't think it will affect the character rooster in any way, for example, let's say the game will have 40 characters, then what about Reggie being the 41? Only a little extra, it's not like him will be ocuping another possible character place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.