• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 7,265
  • Replies 67
  • Likes 2
D

Deleted_171835

OP

Checked out the pilot and really really liked it. Well-written so far, tech stuff is pretty accurate, gave me pretty mad Fight Club vibes and was definitely entertaining. If anything, this will fill the Person of Interest void for me this summer.

Anyone else watch it?

Reactions: zecoxao and Flame

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
really really good.

it does have that that fight club vibe.

also talking about gnome and kde.... wow.

Nanaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Rami Malek is a pretty damn good narrator. I loved it.
It seems quite realistic and it will be really interesting to try to guess what is real and what is delusion.
I will definitely watch the show.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Possible to use multiple window managers on LINUX. Gnome and KDE can coexist. Obviously they didnt know that! Very good show though!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That scene felt a bit odd, though I think it was supposed to and/or be an attempt for the exec to try to awkwardly hang at that level. I am not sure I would call it a technical error though as I read it as more of a personal preference discussion (I can install whatever I like but when it comes to getting stuff done...).

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
When I first watched it when the first episode came out weeks ago I was very surprised by the majority of the accuracy of most of the tech terms and everything, the show didn't just throw out some dumb fuck terms in completely irrelevant situations like some shows do (cough cough POI). I'm interested in seeing whether they throw all that accuracy out the door the farther they go in the series.

Main character is also super cringe-y, as is most of the other characters...but that's ok I guess, since apparently "all tech people are just super fucking max edgy!" like him.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
the show didn't just throw out some dumb fuck terms in completely irrelevant situations like some shows do (cough cough POI).
POI is one of the better examples of a show that doesn't do that. >.>

and was watching a talk about this show on youtube,

and i doubt it'll go on that path as the creator of the show is a techy.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Person of interest does marginally better than most but it still seems to dip in the thrown computer related fridge magnets on quite a few occasions, and definitely has a dose of magic computer/deus ex computer. Also master hacker seems to need to lean on police contacts for a lot of things that I am pretty sure I have access to, probably from a basic web portal.

Now it is streets ahead of something I might see in Law and Order or CSI (especially CSI cyber, wow that is hilarious), or even that otherwise enjoyable Scorpion program.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I liked the first episode.
there were lot of info and details (even if I don't know linux and servers, I just assumed it's how it works).
I like the main character psychology and how he acts (might be a little conflicting, if he is social phobic I feel like he wouldn't raise arms in the street in front of peoples. Well it's just some details)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I've watched the pilot episode yesterday and within the first initial minutes it got me hooked so much so that I can't wait for the rest to be aired/released. And also, I remember this actor from Need for Speed so it's great to see him acting again.

By the way, his eyes open way TOO much! O.O

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
I disagree! Episode 2 shows that this is by no means a simple good vs bad story. Can't wait to see where this goes from here. Without spoiling the end of the episode for the people that haven't seen it but there would have to be payback on Mr Robot for actions and words. A serious beating would be appropriate in by book.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I've to agree with Elliot. Marvel movies are stupid but there are some good ones too though ultimately they come nowhere near the awesome DC movies.

Can't wait for Batman Vs. Superman! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?