Hacking MPlayer won't run DVD's

meep_girl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 4.2U softmodded wii. It's got a modchip too, the softmodding's more recent.
I have all the softmod stuff running fine, DVDX installed through hackmii, Neogamma runs, etc.

But I can't for the life of me get mPlayer to run any DVD's. Once I start it up and press play DVD, it says mounting dvd then just stops working.
When I try to use the libdi installer I get error -2011 no matter what ios I try to use, but since DVDX worked I was hoping I wouldn't need that.

I haven't really been able to figure out the trucha bug restorer, it always gives me errors. Could it have something to do with that?

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can try differently? If I'm leaving out any info let me know, it's 1 AM and I'm exhausted.

Thanks in advance!

meep_girl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks so much, that did it. Dunno why I didn't read about this elsewhere.

Thanks again
biggrin.gif

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have this same problem that I am having???....when I try to play DVD's on WiiMC it says "error invalid DVD" everytime and when I try it on MPlayer CE it just stops loading (just shows background of main screen of the app but nothing else). I am so frustrated and I have tried this bajillions of times already and I have ios 202 installed and the other cIOS installers needed to make this app work. And my Wii is 3.5 years old and is not a virgin.

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
For me wiimc is a pain in the backside, media wont play on smb shares, just sits there, takes ages to startup and doesnt want to exit

mplayer ce is fine

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't recommend the wii for dvds. The buffer overflows and everything sucks. I heard that dvd players are dirt cheap now though, I found one for about 10$.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it