MPlayer Coverflow - Is that possible?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by WiiUBricker, Dec 27, 2009.

Dec 27, 2009
  1. WiiUBricker
    OP

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Well, since there are USB Loaders with coverflowding feature around, I'm wondering if it is possibe to make a multimediaplayer like MplayerCE with coverflow. It would be very nice to browse through 3D Covers of DVD Movies and Animes.

Furthermore I'm wondering if it is possible to create an all-in-one USB-Loader + multimediaplayer, for example WiiFlow with videoplayback function.

I think it would be awesome [​IMG]

2. LexLuthor

Member LexLuthor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Its possible but the MPlayer team (I think) have said they are not going to do it.
    They are however working on a robust new Menu system (with proper graphics and what not).
    Check their Google Code page for more info.

3. WiiUBricker
    OP

Argentina
    Well, Mplayer ist Open Source, which means anybody could make a coverflow mod (maybe the coders of WiiFlow?) [​IMG]

4. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Hibern (the main Coder which coded it) left, and Narolez continued on it. Though, he is the only coder, and there's still a lot to do on WiiFlow. There hasn't been an Update for a long time now...So Summary: The Coder of WiiFlow is probably to busy, I wouldn't hope for him.

Now, you can:
    1) Ask any other Coder
    2) Learn to code, and do it yourself

I would go for the second Idea. Requests of Homebrew are often ignored...

Oh, and btw: Sounds like you want something like XBMC for the Wii? Well, scratch that...probably will never happen.

5. WiiUBricker
    OP

Argentina
    1) Well, since there are many coders here on gbatemp, someone could recognize this thread [​IMG]
    2) This is no option for me. Dont have time to learn coding, besides I doubt that I could do something like a modification of a mediaplayer and/or USB Loader.

What is XBMC? [​IMG]

6. alexh

Newcomer alexh Member

United Kingdom