MPlayer CE r636 released

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Tempbot, Dec 22, 2010.

Dec 22, 2010

MPlayer CE r636 released by Tempbot at 1:25 AM (2,769 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Tempbot
    OP

Contributor Tempbot Tunnel Snakes rule

pip
    United Kingdom
    MPlayer CE r636 released

[​IMG]

Extrems and rodries have updated MPlayer CE to SVN r636.

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Source
    Contributed by WiiBricker

2. RE4zombie

Member RE4zombie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That's funny, an update for the Christmas edition is just in time for Christmas!

3. diando

Member diando GBATemp™ Creepy Arceus™

Canada
    Just want to know if this or WiiMC is better. Is there a feature comparison?

4. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    I haven`t used MPlayerCE in quite a while but the WiiMC has a nice GUI and has all the necessary features I was searching for in a Media Player. So I would recommend the WiiMC but I never had problem with the MP CE so it is a nice alternative.

Here is the WiiMC site, if you`d like to compare the two [​IMG]

5. JonthanD

Member JonthanD GBAtemp Regular

United States

Unless your really hard up for space on your SD card or USB drive, I would stick them both on, I always see things like this and think "Why choose one, when you can have it all?"

Having said that for a while I switched to just WiiMC since MPlayer would crash on me for some reason. I think they fixed the issue in the next release but WiiMC was just so good that I have stuck with it. So if you had to pick one, I would go with WiiMC.

One thing you might want to do is, even if your space is very limited for aps you might try them both and see what one you like best, no harm in trying them out for a test drive [​IMG]

6. adriande2

Member adriande2 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well, Mplayer has better compatibility, can play slightly better-quality videos, and allows you to change audio and subtitle tracks while the video is being played.
    WiiMC has a better gui, is better with shoutcast streams, and better with music.

I'd say just to have them both.

7. Loop

Member Loop GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I seem to get an annoying jerky playback of regular Xvid avi files on WiiMC so thought I'd try Mplayer-CE.
    MUCH smoother playback on Mplayer but GUI is much more basic (but effective)
    Also could not get SMB share to work on WiiMC but Mplayer SMB set up worked first time!

Does anyone have a working forwarder for this (I'm afraid I don't know what to do with the 'forwarder.dol' that comes in this package)? I've tried a couple I've found online and none of them seem to work!?!
    I have the boot.dol in SD/apps/mplayer-ce

*edit* I found some modified forwarders that worked here. I think one problem might be that I don't have IOS 202 installed, but anyway these forwarders avoid that problem.

*edit 2* finally got SMB hare to work - I hadn't realized that the share name had to be exactly the same as the shared folder name - seems to work great now (except I still get the jerky playback with some files!!)

8. XLarge

Member XLarge GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    I think they should add soft subs to a media player on wii. If that feature were to be added I'd use that media player all the time.

9. Dogway

Member Dogway GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Just wanted to say that with this version my USB became unable to mount, so I had to go back to r619. Its a bug or in the changelog "removed old USB2.0 compatibility" is omitted... :/
    My usb looks like a generic 8Gb stick drive in fat32, windows says its this one: UDISK PDU15_8G 7AI2.0 USB Device