Homebrew MPlayer CE and subtitles

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble getting subtitles to work for me. First, I start up the .avi. Then I select the .sub, and mplayer tells me it's enabled. But it doesn't appear throughout the length of the entire episode.

Am I doing something wrong? The .avi and .sub both have the same name as well(wasn't sure if that made a difference).

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone? This is really getting annoying as I've been messing around with this for what seems like forever, and I still get no subs. Which I know they work because they appear in VLC. But nothing is popping up on MPlayer CE.

According to my first post, is there anything that I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: I'm using MPlayer on a HDTV, if that makes a difference at all.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried using WiiMC?

Would you please tell me why you actually want subtitles? I get so sick of having to disable subtitles everytime I watch something with MPlayer CE. I'm not deaf, I don't need text covering the screen throughout the whole movie.

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did try WiiMC when I was modding someone else's Wii. And everytime I went to select a file in WiiMC the app would crash. I'll try it again though, there's probably been some updates. I just couldn't remember the apps name. So thanks for that.

And I'm watching Breaking Bad right now. And in some episodes there is Spanish, so I need the subtitles to know what they're saying.

Thanks, I'll give WiiMC another shot.

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you actually used WiiMC and subtitles for video files? It looks like there's no way to choose the subtitle. But the WiiMC documentation says that push Up on the Wiimote to enable/disable subtitles. And I'm doing that and nothing is popping up.

I have the .sub named the same as .avi. And they're both in the same folder. What exactly am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Finally got it! I needed subtitles that are .srt format. Not .sub. So now .srt's are working in MPlayer CE. So hopefully they'll work in WiiMC as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte