Homebrew Mplayer CE .75

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me if this program plays DVDs through the Wii? I tried it and nothing happened. Then I read somewhere that it is not yet able to reaqd DVDs, but that it is being worked on. Can someone help???

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It will, I think you will have to install the DVDx found in the latest Hackmii installer but i'm not sure if it works on 4.2 but give it a try.

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I updated to 4.2U, installed the DVDx v2 and it is not loading. It starts mounting and then says Cache Build 45.33% and just stalls there

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spritefreak said:
Well, I updated to 4.2U, installed the DVDx v2 and it is not loading. It starts mounting and then says Cache Build 45.33% and just stalls there

Does anyone know why it is doing this? I need some help! Why can't I play a DVD?

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
spritefreak said:
spritefreak said:

Does anyone know why it is doing this? I need some help! Why can't I play a DVD?

i get this all the time. it never seems to work, i have cios202 and dvdx, pal wii, sys menu 4.1
some burned dvd's work, but retail ones just hang, or code dump.

I have found the best solution is to rip the video and put it on your sd card or usb/usb2 device. It plays flawlessly from them.

would love to know the answer to the dvd playing issue....

EDIT!

new mplayer has just come out
MPlayerCE 0.76

try this it might work, i am going to test it now.

jonaspaulo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i cant get it to work with dvds played from the drive, it mounts them but does not play. I have mplayer 0.76 and wii 4.2E. I have all the latest cIOS by following the completesoftmodeguide. What might be the problem?

DVS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have just bought a new Wii within a couple of months (4?) then most likely it will not read any dvds except original Wii games. Nintendo made the new drives to read only original Wii discs and nothing else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?